• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Printhead going bad?

revgraphics

Just recently my printer started acting up when printing black. I thought it was a media comp. issue so I tested that and it was perfect. But yet it looks like I'm still having a banding issue when printing black. My reds, blues, ect look great. Is this a printhead going bad? Picture attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• 18253796_10209241931791064_1834961413_n.jpg
    18253796_10209241931791064_1834961413_n.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 143

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take a look at your nozzle check to see if you are missing black nozzles. If you are, a good cleaning is in order. You may also need to replace some maintenance parts such as the cap top and dampers. Check the bottom of the head for any ink build up that may be causing the seal between the capo top and head to break. Do a head soak and hard cleaning. This should recover any recoverable nozzles. If everything looks good and you can't get the nozzles back, your last resort is to flush the head manually with a syringe and cleaning solution. If you can't recover them that way, you need a new head.

If the nozzles aren't missing in the first place I would replace the black dampers and see if that helps at all. If not, it's most likely a bad head especially if it is older than 3 years.