• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 prm file

elf21

Hi,

wanted to upgrade my Mimaki JV33 from 4.0 to 4.6. Got everything by the hand (Upload tool, Firmware, etc). But cant find the prm file. Does anyone have it and could send it to me?

Thanks

Markus

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You will not be able to use any old DX5 head, only Mimaki DX5 heads for 4 times the price? lol

artbot

there is no 3.10. there's 3.20? and i don't mean i don't have it. i mean it doesn't exist.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Heh - never even noticed that.... If it exists it probably only came preloaded on some machines.

donmezsa

i need to downgrade from 3.2 to old version.Because version over than 3.2 not allow to use oem head.i need a version file older than 3.2.

Vinylman

Perhaps this is the very reason why I personally am VERY RESISTANT to rushing into upgrades.
I am still running version 1.8 of the RasterLink software that was loaded on my JV-33 some two and a 1/2 years ago.

I have never had to replace a print head, and the only maintenance I have done is the replacement of the dampers after two years of almost flawless operation. Mimaki builds a great piece of equipment.

It runs flawlessly, gives me the printing results that I and my customers are satisfied with, and I don't have problems with any of my electrical or mechanical parts NOT communicating nicely with each other.

Why would I want to break a cardinal rule? {If it ain't broke, why fix it!}

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
i need to downgrade from 3.2 to old version.Because version over than 3.2 not allow to use oem head.i need a version file older than 3.2.

You are going to need version 2.20 to use a non-oem printhead. I know this because I'm doing just that. Anything above 2.20 and I get the device construction error....

I've attached it as a fake PDF file. You MUST rename it as a zip file. Then you will be able to uncompress it. Cannot upload big zip files on here... I'm assuming you have the firmware upload tool and know how to use it...

Vinylman- RasterLink is the RIP software that comes with a Mimaki. That is loaded on your computer and has nothing to do with the printer or it's firmware. ;)

1.80 is the original JV33 firmware though which appears to be what yours is running. Often times I also agree - "if it aint broke, dont fix it" but sometimes firmware updates do fix thing that are broken that you might not be aware of. I know some that fix things that can waste a lot of ink or add additional print resolutions. Usually though it just adds support for some new ink type like white/silver, etc. From the original version 1.80 to 2.20 though there was really nothing critical fixed that I can see in the release notes. If it's running nice, leave it be. :)

Perhaps this is the very reason why I personally am VERY RESISTANT to rushing into upgrades.
I am still running version 1.8 of the RasterLink software that was loaded on my JV-33 some two and a 1/2 years ago.

I have never had to replace a print head, and the only maintenance I have done is the replacement of the dampers after two years of almost flawless operation. Mimaki builds a great piece of equipment.

It runs flawlessly, gives me the printing results that I and my customers are satisfied with, and I don't have problems with any of my electrical or mechanical parts NOT communicating nicely with each other.

Why would I want to break a cardinal rule? {If it ain't broke, why fix it!}

Attachments

• jv33_2.20.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 500

artbot

i have a question for the jv33 gurus out there. if i was to buy a jv33 130 and gut it, can the parameters be changed in order to lie to the printer and set it as a jv33 260? i'm currently gutting an encad 850 onto an 84" gantry to test the concept of home built flatbeds. seems to me purchasing smaller less popular models then switching the parameters is the way to get the most width for the money. i know the jv3 can be done this way, but not sure the jv33 is the same. i.e.

FUNCTION #PARAMETER - press enter
>
> PARAMETER #SYSTEM PRM - press enter
>
> will show some numbers
>
> use up button to go to number 60, will say
>
> 60=0 MECAsiz
>

etc.

LEDQueen

Help - Need 4.0 PRM file

We are having to downgrade our JV33-130 to 2.2 or earlier to use a DX5 "NON-OEM" printhead - won't jet ink until we do this! Can anyone send me the PRM file for 4.0 and the ROM for 2.2? It would be much appreciated. Please send to personal email so we can get back to work.

Medhat

You will not be able to use any old DX5 head, only Mimaki DX5 heads for 4 times the price? lol
Hi All,
I have machine a JV33 160BS v 4.3 ,
today The machine gave this morning a message to input the Dealer No. and did't work, I downloaded the parameter file(prm) but didn't solve the problem
does it need a Firmware again, and from any site that can be download it, please Help
I appreciate your quick response.
Regards,

Pregasen

Hi All,
I have machine a JV33 160BS v 4.3 ,
today The machine gave this morning a message to input the Dealer No. and did't work, I downloaded the parameter file(prm) but didn't solve the problem
does it need a Firmware again, and from any site that can be download it, please Help
I appreciate your quick response.
Regards,

Hi medhat.

Did u come right with the Machine. I have a jv33 160. Main board fried . So only board available was jv33 160bs.

Now when I turn on error 205 42v head voltage. Just asking out there. Main board tuning firmware 4.3.

Does the head also Store parameter setting or some sort of settings . Cos from ss21 Main board now changed to bs Main board. Even changed new slider board. New ffc cables new head memory and cables. Also changed the Small fuse on Main board

Plz help.