• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Pump problems...drawings?

Andrew Signs

Hi All,

New to the game and forum. Lots of great info and have done hours of searching, but cannot find what I'm after.

Basically, I believe our pump under the capping station isn't working right in one way or another.

Notes:
1. When completing a 'Fill Ink' in HD Maintenance no ink pulled through.
2. Cap is new and confirmed ok
3. When inspecting the tubes below the cap no liquid coming through. Same if you do a 'Pump' clean.
4. Have confirmed that ink is making it to the head.
5. When you manually add pressure to the drain tube its pulls colour through all nozzles so head is confirmed ok.

Basically, it seems to me that the pump is no longer creating the 'pull' pressure. Can anyone confirm I am on the right path? Only thing I find weird is below;

1. When you pool cleaner in the cap it falls right through with no resistance. But, if you select the nozzle wash mode and pool cleaner is stays? I am unsure why this is the case?

The motor on the pump is still functioning and I have had a look at the assembly of the holes. It seems as if on each hose a cog spins and applies pressure on the hose. As it spins pressure goes on and off to pull down...is this correct? Does anyone have a drawing on the assembly? I did search through JV33 bible with no luck...

Has anyone else encountered this and if so did they just replace or is there something I can do with the hoses? As I said above if you are to block the drain hoses and manually create pressure if will function. Obviously this is not good for actual use.

Thanks in advance!

OmegaAdv

Try with syringe to pull from tubes after the pump. See there isn't an air leak when head is on the cap. And I have that problem...see the cap bottom that there is a three exits, two for tubes and one that have to be stuck with blue stopper. My was fallen and have similar problems.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try filling a syringe with solution and pushing it through the pump tubes. If you get a ton of resistance, there is a clog. If it pushes right through without any issues and the cap top if good for sure, the pump could be bad for sure.

Andrew Signs

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Ive got a new pump on the way as I figured it was the last piece to try anyway and not massively expensive.

The video is great, shows the break down. What's interesting is the two cogs spins pushing the cylinders onto the tubes to create pressure. If I manually turn the cogs and apply pressure to the tubing (by the waste tubes or by pushing solutions through the tubes as said by VanderJ) it never has any resistance at any point of the turning. As far as I can tell as it spins it should create pressure, release, create pressure and so on?

This makes me think the pump is not working correctly? Any second to that?

The internal arms of the cogs are worn looking. Wondering if these are worn even slightly it's enough that the pressure applied to the hoses is insufficient?

Confirmed that the bottom of the cap has the two hoses connected and the blue stopper in tac.

Thanks

OmegaAdv

If you have good cap and head lying down to it, when you pull ink from tubing from the waste tubing and have good vacuum on the head to cap and get ink in the syringe, 100% is the pump.