• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV400 Latex Material Safety Data Sheet?

FrankW

Has anyone out there access to the Material Safety Data Sheet of the new Mimaki Latex-Ink? I need to check something, but there is no public download link.

Thank you very much.

genericname

Not surprised to see "this material is considered hazardous" still attached, but man is that a clean ink compared to the SS2 inks we're using on the JV3. I've looked at them a million times too, but for some reason this is the first I've noticed the Carcinogenicity EU level of 2 in there.

Can't wait to switch to latex, or even flatbed UV.

genericname

Thanks for the heads-up. Was definitely aware of it though. Still poison, just to a slightly lesser extent than SS2 solvents.

FrankW

Interesting to compare the ingredients of the Mimaki-Ink to that of HP. The only ink which contains something which could be slightly named as "solvent" has HP (2-Pyrrolidon), but this component has no classification according to the EU-Dangerous-Substances-Directive, and is contained in HP's Fine-Art-Pigment-Water-Inks too (perhaps just the wetting agent). In opposite, Mimaki has mostly Glykol and Alcohol, and their Glykol is classified as dangerous (but just if drinking). HP has much more water parts in their inks and they fix the pigments with something the name "synthetic Latex", in opposite to Mimaki who uses some "resin".

It looks like that both systems are named latex, but they are very different.