• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv5 heads dropping

woahdude

im having colors dropout on my jv5. its often only 1 of the pair from a single head. its not something where you start to see the colors breaking up, its very sudden.

ink fills, nozzle washes, cleanings, and wiper exchanges do nothing. the only thing that works is detaching the pump and pulling ink with a syringe directly from the capping station ink fill line. after A LOT of pulling, ink will eventually fill the head, but it is very time consuming and aggrevating.

i thought its the pumps malfuctioning, but they seem to be working. plus they have been replaced recently.

i thought maybe its the heads clogging up, but its almost always the complete single color. otherwise the test draws look good

Rooster

Check the connection of the cables to the head. If they are dropping out completely all at once on just one head, it sounds like a cable might not be sending the signal to fire the jets. It might just be loose, or it might be worn out and frayed internally.

Or an air leak is possible, but two colours on one head all dropping out completely at the same time would mean you'd have two air leaks, which is much less likely.