Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jv5 heads dropping

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by woahdude, Jun 12, 2012.

1. woahdude

woahdude Member

Oct 25, 2011
    im having colors dropout on my jv5. its often only 1 of the pair from a single head. its not something where you start to see the colors breaking up, its very sudden.

ink fills, nozzle washes, cleanings, and wiper exchanges do nothing. the only thing that works is detaching the pump and pulling ink with a syringe directly from the capping station ink fill line. after A LOT of pulling, ink will eventually fill the head, but it is very time consuming and aggrevating.

i thought its the pumps malfuctioning, but they seem to be working. plus they have been replaced recently.

i thought maybe its the heads clogging up, but its almost always the complete single color. otherwise the test draws look good

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    damper change may be in order

3. woahdude

woahdude Member

Oct 25, 2011
    thats possible, but its so random which color drops. plus we tried that for 1 color and it didnt come back right away, and has been spotty ever since

4. Rooster

Rooster Very Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Edmonton
    Check the connection of the cables to the head. If they are dropping out completely all at once on just one head, it sounds like a cable might not be sending the signal to fire the jets. It might just be loose, or it might be worn out and frayed internally.

Or an air leak is possible, but two colours on one head all dropping out completely at the same time would mean you'd have two air leaks, which is much less likely.