• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV5 - Lost 1/2 of my Cyan on each head - Help?

ScotJ

I've lost the left bank of cyan on each of my heads - this sometimes happens because I believe I have a faulty sensor on one ink cart line and it tries using an empty cartridge instead of switching over to the new one and puts ink in the line as a result. I've had it happen before, usually I do a nozzle wash, couple of cleans and we're good.
but this time it printed about 40 sq ft before I noticed (NCU is not working), and now after several cleans, ink fills, nozzle washes, and even manual pulls on the line under the cap station with a syringe I am not getting them to fire.
Help here would be greatly appreciated - I have about 1000sq ft to print in the next 24 hours.
Thanks!

PS- When I did the pull with the syringe, I did open the cyan valve using the #test menu, and no ink came down and through - just a little bit of black muddy colored ink.

ScotJ

Problem Solved- turned out a while back I adjusted the "Base Head Height" and it had inturn adjusted how far the heads sat away from the capping station - as a result the caps were not getting good suction, which inturn did not allow me to get ink pulled back into the heads. On the Jv5 there is an adjustment in the #adjust menu when in tech mode (entered by pressing enter + function at the same time when the machine boots). I took and adjusted it so the caps rested firmly against the heads and everything is back and firing.

Robert72

Hi Scot, hope all is going well. U remember me?. My JV5 is performing well on average. I only have problems with alignment (it's a matter of refine it) and with cyan ghosting when printing on high speed. I've tried with Triangle and with Afford ink with the same results, I think I have to adjust the drop volume.

And the real thing I'm having problems is with the chips and the chip readers. I've bought a Triangle Resetter off ebay to bypass the cartridges and I'll go the bulk ink approach.

Are you using original mimaki ink or aftermarket?