• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV5 slant adjustment

woahdude

so i am doing the manual slant adjustment with the screws and get the test draw to show the magneta and cyan lining up vertically and from what i can tell on top of each others dots. however, to the sides of the slant test draw strip to the right the magenta staggers off and the cyan staggers off to the left. only 1 head does this, the other looks perfect. i can not correct this with the adjustment screws. could the head not be sitting flush on the carriage? im at a loss here.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
The JV5 would be one of the hardest machines to align. You can and will spend up to 6 or 7 hrs to get it right. This is even stated in the mimaki manual!! So unles you have experience with this machine its best left to the experts to align. Regarding your question yes make sure that the adjustment screws and wedges are not stuck from dried ink as if they are you will get no movement of the head..:wink:
Tekkie1