Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JV5 slant adjustment

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by woahdude, Sep 21, 2012.

1. woahdude

woahdude Member

Oct 25, 2011
    so i am doing the manual slant adjustment with the screws and get the test draw to show the magneta and cyan lining up vertically and from what i can tell on top of each others dots. however, to the sides of the slant test draw strip to the right the magenta staggers off and the cyan staggers off to the left. only 1 head does this, the other looks perfect. i can not correct this with the adjustment screws. could the head not be sitting flush on the carriage? im at a loss here.

Tags:
  2. Tekkie1

Tekkie1 Tekkie of Many Things

Apr 27, 2012
    Australia
    The JV5 would be one of the hardest machines to align. You can and will spend up to 6 or 7 hrs to get it right. This is even stated in the mimaki manual!! So unles you have experience with this machine its best left to the experts to align. Regarding your question yes make sure that the adjustment screws and wedges are not stuck from dried ink as if they are you will get no movement of the head..:wink:
    Tekkie1