• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV5 sublimation yellow cross contaminated with black

Suntex

We recently had our JV5-320S serviced for the contamination. We were told that because of our ink switch, that the old ink has damaged the head from 1 year ago. Yet all our JV33-160 are fine, they just needed new dampers. The sad part of this story is that the JV5 is by far the newest printer of the bunch, only 1.5 years old. What else could be causing this cross contamination of yellow in the black? Could the capping station need replaced? Low voltage? Thank you.

Robert M

Cap top

Change the cap top and then the pump, Unless the head is leaking ink that should not be the problem

dispen

As it is expressed before, captop clogging might cause ink contamination (such as black into yellow lines).

In case of older printheads (say above 1 year) it might indicate that printhead is about to die. I am not saying that is the only reason; but that is one of the chances.

To understand the issue you can:
1) Replace captop with another one to see if there is any change. ==> If issue remains, check if the captop printhead conneciton leaks air. If so, the pump sucks air from the leak instead of sucking ink from head
2) Plug waste ink tube from the captop to another pump.
3) Keep the printhead in 'solution' for at least half an hour.

Regards...

inkjet frank

Broken seal

Sounds like you have a broken seal in the print head. It can be caused by changing ink, constant nozzle wash and clean or merely Wear and Tear.

You can change the cap top, wiper. But iam not confident it will make a difference.

one thing you can do is flush the print head with syringe using clear cleaning solution. Flush it back and forth, but gently. In many cases I have seen in the past, flushing will not fix the broken seal, but can at least stop the bleeding issue, delay the needs of changing a new print head