• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kala laminator - sensor bypass

Signed Out

Has anybody bypassed the laser sensor on the kala? I thouth I read about it on here but can't find it now. Something about tying the laser wires together?

Have gotten used to the sensors. But today it tripped and won't reset. So I'd like to try and just bypass it for good.

But if anybody has a quick solution to why it won't reset, I'm all ears on that too.

Thanks,

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Not personally, but I know someone who has... here is a picture he sent. Not sure if this helps or not.

Attachments

• KaylaLaser.jpg
    KaylaLaser.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 365

Signed Out

Are you sure it's the laser? There is a switch for the table as well, and one on the back

Ha! Thanks, I feel dumber now. Was the big red emergency stop button on the back. In my defense, I'm the owner and don't get involved in production much anymore.. When my guys told me laminator stopped working sensor won't reset... should of checked the kill switch.

Thanks,

ikarasu

As a production guy I bypass the laser as well.

As an owner.... I'm surprised you allow for it. All it takes is one guy to squish his fingers and you're in a lot of trouble and on the hook for all damages! That includes if your worker gets pissed at you, wants a few months off and purposely jams his finger in there.

Not saying don't do it, just that I'm surprised :)

Does the Kala come with a wiring diagram? Our seal did... If it does, find which two pins on the board are for the lasers and jump them. Much simpler than connecting two wires together... Not sure if the Kala has two pins that'll work, but it looks like a similar setup.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
As a production guy I bypass the laser as well.

As an owner.... I'm surprised you allow for it. All it takes is one guy to squish his fingers and you're in a lot of trouble and on the hook for all damages! That includes if your worker gets pissed at you, wants a few months off and purposely jams his finger in there.

Not saying don't do it, just that I'm surprised :)

Does the Kala come with a wiring diagram? Our seal did... If it does, find which two pins on the board are for the lasers and jump them. Much simpler than connecting two wires together... Not sure if the Kala has two pins that'll work, but it looks like a similar setup.

you raise a valid point

first job, during and after high school. lots of machinary, not many safety switches (and the ones there were, were all bypassed). i stayed for 10 years and was the only one. who left with 10 fingers.

that being said, you either bypass the laser, or the sensor that reads it.
can't this be done with a small piece of gorila tape? (electrical tape falls off)