• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

[KCMY]S/C ReadErr on a Mutoh 1204

manu

I just replaced the maintenance station on my mutoh 1204 and I just after powering the machine on I now get the message "[KCMY]S/C ReadErr" on the screen.
I tried with new ink cart and tried to reboot the printer several times but the error remains.
I most likely broke something when I replaced the maintenance station but I don't know what, I had to disconnect 3 cables to install the maintenance station but I put them back the same way.

Please help :banghead:

FatCat

My guess would be you have a loose cable or one that perhaps got some ink on it, etc. that is causing it not to read correctly. Go back, double-check all your connections and report back.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That error means the cards are not being read on the ink cartridges. Changing the maintenance station should not affect the card readers unless somehow there was a short when you were putting it in, which is rare. Was the machine unplugged and discharged before you started working on it? The wiper sensor and motor cable connect to the main board so it is possible that if there was a short during the process, the main board could have gotten damaged.

manu

That error means the cards are not being read on the ink cartridges. Changing the maintenance station should not affect the card readers unless somehow there was a short when you were putting it in, which is rare. Was the machine unplugged and discharged before you started working on it? The wiper sensor and motor cable connect to the main board so it is possible that if there was a short during the process, the main board could have gotten damaged.

The printer was turned off when I replaced the maintenance station but I did not unplug the cord. I have a second printer, I will try to switch the main board between them to see if it makes a difference.

manu

It's working again. I just pushed on all the cable everywhere, restarted the printer and the problem disapeared.

Thanks!

image print

ValueJet 1604 (KCMY) S/C Read Error

Can you please help, we are in Namibia so the backup for Mutoh is non existing.

We have a ValueJet 1604 which is on a bulk ink system but we get our cards as well which has a different issue, a couple of months ago we got the same error and all of a sudden is was gone within a day, couple of week back again and after removing the cartridges and cards and reinserting them the error was gone. Since yesterday the error just won't go away and nobody seems to know what the issue is please can somebody help?

:readthread: