• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ken Block replica

Patentagosse

Hi folks!

'Been asked by my local Subaru dealer to do a promotional half wrap to get prospect buyer's attention on their new 2013 WRX. He asked me if I can recreate Block's car pattern. Knowing it can be removed within a month if the buyer want it all black, I selected a budget film but the overall job is pretty decent. I've spent way too much time on it (on & off... one-man shop so...) but now have to bill the job. 'Haven't been asked for a quote prior to start the job, they just said: "do it"...

What do you think it worths? (a ballpark will help me)

*The dealership owner came to pick it up and can't stop telling me how impressed he was with the result and warned me to be prepare 'cause he thinks it will sell very well wrapped like this but they will want it permanent for final sales to customers. We talked 'bout full wrap also... what's the average price for a car like this to get a 2nd skin (like matte white)?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• P1010003 (Large).jpg
    P1010003 (Large).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 132
  • P1010005 (Large).jpg
    P1010005 (Large).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 90

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, what do YOU think it's worth ??

What do you need to get out of it to make it right for you ?? What we all get is practically useless, cause we're all in totally different areas. If you want an average, let's see what you come up with.

However, you're doing this on a section of the forum that anyone can see.... even end-users, so the participation might be very small.

Patentagosse

Sorry, 'didn't know there was another place to ask for this. I was thinking somewhere over 1k so...

I just heard this morning a guy saying he's got his brand new Hyundai Veloster fully wrapped in matte titanium (charcoal) for $1250. If it's true, I'm out of this business, it's getting scrary... people work for peanut these days...

Intense01

$1k with the artwork? If they provided everything to me I would probably be close to that. If the artwork wasn't provided I would charge hourly for design.

You did a great job, It looks great and I am sure you will get more business out of it. As for the Veloster I am sure that isn't unheard of. I have heard of other cars that are larger for that price and I won't get anywhere near their price. Let them go somewhere else...

ForgeInc

Ya need to remember it's way easier to wrap a vehicle with simple colored film rather than printed graphics, so you can't really compare the two.

Patentagosse

Thanks. The pics were shot while working on it but I'll post some other when the project will be completed. Today they were tinting the glasses and swap the mags for white/chrome ones.

I'll get the car out for better pics.

Patentagosse

dont tell em he is in a fiesta now

well, they know that for a while but as they insisted... we simply decided not to put any other sponsors / tags / name / number so basically, it's like getting a car with a sport look. Chances are the buyer will ask to get it removed so from that point, I'll be paid for a while and it will no longer be my problem.

Is Block still with Ford or if the whore as moved to another brand (Dodge Dart)?

Patentagosse

Here's few of the completed project. Unfortunately it was just a li'l before dusk so light was not right for the pictures but I'll probably shoot better one next week.

*there's a 1/8" red line between black & white but barely noticable from pics... to bad 'cause in person it makes all the difference! It also match with outlined WRX decals around the car.

:Canada 2:

Attachments

• P1010001 (Large).jpg
    P1010001 (Large).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 89
  • P1010002 (Large).jpg
    P1010002 (Large).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 93
  • P1010005 (Large).jpg
    P1010005 (Large).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 74
  • P1010006 (Large).jpg