• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kiss cutting and perf cutting in Onyx X10

Aklaim

Does anybody know how to do Kiss cutting or perf cutting in Onyx 10 using CutServer? I've been through the entire user manual 4-5 times and I cant find it explained anywhere. I just moved from Flexi to Onyx, and contour cutting is no problem, but I do a high volume of decals and hand trimming after contour cutting is just not an option for me. Any help?

Aklaim

I guess not, what I want to do is I want to perforate the backing so I can pop out the decals. Hand trimming after contour cutting and weeding is a pain and tedious. I know its possible, I just cant find any documentation on it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Just design two different cut paths in ai or corel. One for the contour and the other as a perforated line. Then run the contour first at the kiss setting, then run the perf cut at a stronger setting to perf the vinyl & paper, Finally Weed. This is what I do.

Also you can contour, weed the vinyl but leave the corner markers, paper, then load and cut the sheets with the perf path.

Aklaim

That seems like a lot of extra work. I know there is a way to send a perf cut via command, just like i set the kiss cut when I create a spot color swatch as CutContour. I just don't know what it is. Onyx is supposed to call me later and walk me through it.

Bly

We do what Harold does.
Cut the shape then trim square about 6mm outside the cut.

Hotspur

Did you ever figure out how to do this please?
Hi
This is quite straight forward - I have uploaded a document that explains how it all works.
BTW the cutting system changed in Onyx in the middle of the X10 release period and was difficult to nail down in v. X10 so my advice is to upgrade using Onyx Advantage to the current V.12 where all this runs smoothly as it should - just follow the doc.

Attachments

• Adobe ONYX Summa Cutting Workflows 2017 v1.0s.pdf
    981.5 KB · Views: 1,373