• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kongsberg X gone crazy. (Kisscut Tool)

frojasferrari

Hi there, long time without posting.

We have gone flatbed here, we bought an Agfa anapurna and a Kongsberg X, both awesome machines, but, did a huge decals job last week and notice a problem with the kiss cut tool, the file is correct, everything is good, but, when cutting the cuts seems... shivering? (Don´t know the correct word here)

Maybe with pictures is easier to understand it.

File:
IMG_1452.PNG

And then...
IMG_1380.JPG

Any ideas??
All the other tools are working correctly.

ChrisN

Try changing your cut quality to Accurate (iPC) or High Quality (XL-Guide). It's under System Options in XL-Guide or Production Setup in iPC. This will change the machine's acceleration settings to make positioning more accurate. I've found this to make a big difference with the kiss-cut tool with our i-XL24.

If that doesn't change anything, try re-calibrating your tool. If the lag and rotation settings are wrong, it could cause this.

Patchworks

ChrisN gave you a good starting point. I would also check if the speed is too high, acceleration is too high, pressure is too high or a combination of those settings. Another option could be the small fuse in the kiss cut head is failing. Esko should be able to troubleshoot it over the phone.

If not I would try Helicon Graphics, I believe they offer free phone support.
Jeff Horner
Operations Manager
Helicon Graphics
Office- 262-342-6330
Cell- (262) 949-5128
Home page

Good luck!