• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kudos to HP

GP

Had my first real problem with the L25500 after a year of moderate-daily use (besides a few print head failures due to overheated substrate jams).

And really, there wasn't even a major problem - I was getting error code 58:10 related to a color balance sensor. It was printing fine, but I wanted to get it taken care of while under warranty.

Anyway, HP could not have responded more quickly or professionally. A tech was sent out the following morning with the replacement part. It was repaired on site in a little over an hour.

But most impressive of all, the service tech called the following day to confirm that the printer was working adequately. A short time later, the service department followed up as well, making sure the experience with the repair tech was favorable and the printer responded to the repair.

Great work all around - and made me feel even better about our purchase.

Sorry to ramble - just wanted to put some positive spin in the HP forum just in case a future buyer was on the fence.

tylercrum

HP service is awesome! I regret every minute that I have had my printer out of warranty. I would highly recommend re-upping that warranty!

jayhawksigns

Same experience here. Part was something he has ever replaced in as lightly used printer as ours was but he seemed to know exactly what he was doing. Couple of days later, called to make sure everything was still working.

Takes a few minutes of their time, but those follow up calls are nice to get.

Smacka

I agree that their service is good. That is more than I can say for their warranty dept. I was just quoted a 2 year extended warranty from HP for $2,403.00 which I thought was a great deal. When I called back to take advantage of this, oops, so sorry Tom, our rep. made a mistake. But here, take this 1 YEAR warranty for $2500.00 instead... Oh, and by the way, because we totally misquoted you, we can take 10% off our 2 year warranty for $4800.00 we hope that takes care of your needs.

I am pretty sure I will be selling our L25500 soon so if anyone is in the market, pm me.

Ditchmiester

I'm glad to hear a lot of good things as we are on the verge of purchasing a new L26500. Going to be brand new to digital printing minus the Film positives we print for screen printing now and the half a dozen times i've gotten to use the Colorspan 72UVR that we have. Anyone know where the best place to purchase latex ink and heads is?

Ditchmiester

ProWraps I know of one that is for sale around me the guy wants 9k for it. He says its only got 4700 sqft run through it. Its an L25500 60 inch. Its located just outside of chicago if that isn't to far away for you.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey Josh. What are the details on that one?

It's been serviced to make sure everything runs properly and the client was looking to get $4k, shipping and crating will add about $400 also. It will get many years of printing still for sure. It's located over here in California, it has a good chunk of mileage on it but like I said it was properly serviced and well maintained.