• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Carriage Cable replacement

I have another thread detailing my problems with my L25500. I am replacing the carriage cable assembly, which is all of the printhead ribbon cables. Apparently the top ribbon cables that go into the slots on the board that have the little brown locks are not making a good connecting because the printer is telling me to replace all of the heads, and when I move those cables the diagram showing the heads that need replaced changes. I'm at a loss for what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated

GP_Oz

It is a bit tricky.
The cable conectors are quite small. There is not much margin for error.
The first time i ever did this job i had the same result. Some guys with sausage fingers will hold the cable in square then activate the lock with a small screwy.

It is a bit tricky.
The cable conectors are quite small. There is not much margin for error.
The first time i ever did this job i had the same result. Some guys with sausage fingers will hold the cable in square then activate the lock with a small screwy.

I finally got it figured out after a call to HP tech support. For anyone reading this in the future, you have to make sure the little brown locks are in the "up" position, then insert the cable and flip the locks down towards the PC board. It is opposite of how you'd think it works.

Split76

I finally got it figured out after a call to HP tech support. For anyone reading this in the future, you have to make sure the little brown locks are in the "up" position, then insert the cable and flip the locks down towards the PC board. It is opposite of how you'd think it works.

we changed the whole carriage with the help of service manual downloaded from net.

Romney

This sounds like a nightmare. I'm sure I'll be doing this in the next few weeks. What was the approx, cost of replacement DIY?