• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Condensation on Printheads

particleman

Anyone had issues with this machine condensing water on the print head connections? We have been battling the replace printhead error message for L-LC head for a while now and have figured out that condensation on random heads causes this error.

Anyone seen this? What are you doing to help with the issue? We are trying to move some more air around the machine to prevent it, but no luck so far.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i had the replace printhead error message for the same Cyan printhead, don't know if it was the same issue you had, but i wasn't printing anything that day and they fedex'd me a free on the next day so no time lost. just hope this doesn't become a major issue when i start up my busy season...

particleman

There is water physically visible on the connections on the back of the print heads. It is causing error code 2 which relates to the electrical connection. We've had one replacement head. HP has told me because of the wiring design if any of the heads are shorted it will likely falsely point to the first head (L-LC 1).

I'm surprised no one has had this issue as our humidity isn't really that high (25-30%). HP has told me poorly vented areas can cause this, so we're trying a few things with not much luck.

RobbyMac

We've had condensation appear on the front grates, but nowhere near the printheads. We've had one cyan printhead that just wouldn't take... tried wiping down the contacts a gazillion times (never noticed any condensate) and was fine with a different printhead. Returned that cyan head for replacement.

signswi

Shouldn't need to dehumidify at 30%. Turn up the fans and maybe even try pointing a floor fan at it to increase the air turbulence in the room. We use one off to the side of ours blowing across it, though we did that to move the hot air towards our HVAC intakes.

E36

We had encountered a few times of replace C-LC printhead issue. Will check next time if the printhead connection pin is condensed with water.

Quix

I was just asked for replacing PH#2 C-Lc. When I took it out I also noticed a lot of condensation in the connectors. I cleaned it and installed again. The printer made all calibrations, and after that it prompted me to change it again.
I had to wait until the day after to get a new PH, but when I turned on my printer, it didn't ask for replacing it anymore.
I've been working with the same PH for more than 3 weeks, without incident. The printhead status changed from "0" to "2" (I don't know what that means)
In HP's support, they mentioned some condensation should be expected, but it wouldn't damage the heads (because it's distilled water?); and they sent me a free new PH anyway.

Last edited:

E36

Replace C-LC printhead error came up randomly and is driving me crazy.
The printhead does have condensation sometimes...
After clean up the printhead and let it cool down, it works again.

danno

Just had a similar code on a L26500. HP replaced the head. Our room is around 40% humidity and 70 - 75 in temperature. We were advised to extend our sleep mode wait time to 120 minutes.