• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Faulty Ink Cartridge

Kelcy Deeds

Hey guys,

Do any of you guys know of any way to bypass the printing telling me "Replace Faulty Ink Cartridge"?

First of all, I live in Central America and there is no HP support here so shipping something ASAP is out of the question. The printer has been printing great, i just ran out of ink and put in a new ink cartridge and then it told me that it was faulty. Any help is much appreciated!

Reveal1

Two things to try: Clean contacts in carriage where printheads are inserted. If still getting error, swap positions of two cartridges of same color to verify if cartridge is bad or something is wrong elsewhere in ink delivery system.

spooledUP7

Try resetting EEROM from service menu. I think I saw something like that on Sam Ink website.

This worked for me a couple of years ago. I remember enter the service menu was a bit of a pain when HP tech walked me through, but then a year later I used the manual and as I remember it was pretty straight forward.