• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 Head replacement...or not....

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Just finished printing a roll of material and the printer had a replace C/lC printhead message.

I figured it was about time as that head is at least two years old.

tried to advance material, but printer wasn't responding, just flashing the replace message, tried to do anything, couldn't get anything to work in the menu. tried to power down and it sat there for about 6-7 minutes flashing light saying it was going to shut down.....

not having any patience I just went over to the plugs and pulled them out, waited 10 seconds and plugged back in.

started the printer up, reported no errors, did a printhead test print and everything is fine, started the next roll of material...

i'm sure i'll have to get to it soon, but at least this gives me some time to get a new head in....

danno

How many ml is that? I usually don't get 2 months out of my L26500 heads. I do have a good set at the moment. Showing roughly 5k ml across the board.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I'm guessing about 7000 ml,

I just replaced a yellow head that was original from three years ago that put out 8500+ ml. i could have got more, the machine wasn't even asking for it's replacement, i just thought the pattern was a bit light and it was three years old...

** UPDATE ***

I got the replace C/lC message again after the next roll, put in a used head i had until the new one arrives today.

Split76

with my l260,when the machine tells me to change the head, i'll just switch the heads in the machine and then run one or two cleanings. 50% of the times everythings fine. If not, then i'll replace one or both heads depending what the print test tells me.

HulkSmash

Just finished printing a roll of material and the printer had a replace C/lC printhead message.

I figured it was about time as that head is at least two years old.

tried to advance material, but printer wasn't responding, just flashing the replace message, tried to do anything, couldn't get anything to work in the menu. tried to power down and it sat there for about 6-7 minutes flashing light saying it was going to shut down.....

not having any patience I just went over to the plugs and pulled them out, waited 10 seconds and plugged back in.

started the printer up, reported no errors, did a printhead test print and everything is fine, started the next roll of material...

i'm sure i'll have to get to it soon, but at least this gives me some time to get a new head in....

Good Grief. 2 years? i replace twice a month on all my latex, easily. If not.. more.