Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L25500, L26500 and L28500 edge holders

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Ferdux, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Ferdux

Ferdux New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    does any body use this little rats! the edge holders ??? sims you can not get them any where?

Tags:
  2. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

i don't even use them

3. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    Me too! on L28

4. signdesigner1

signdesigner1 Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Palm Harbor
    I was just about to post a thread about these. I've been using them for banner and paper on my L26 but this morning the carriage just smashed into one. Bent up one of the little "ears" and broke the plastic slider. And somehow the broken plastic wedged straight up vertical where the 4th head comes through the bottom of the carriage. I don't know what the....

5. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    We got similar problem and stop using it.

To me the L28 media load better than L25 & L26. Less head strike on some thick material. Also warm-up and print faster too.

We had to lower vacuum on banner help less platen mark on banner when it cools down.

6. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    They help with fabrics

7. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    wow, I use them on fabric but your story make me wondering if it's a good idea...

8. sowinski_t

sowinski_t Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I generally only use them on media that has a bit of edge curl when it heats up. For me thats only a perf vinyl that we use and one of our banners. I haven't had them mess up on me like signdesigner1 described... by themselves. Once I forgot to pull them out when I loaded a different media and the edge of it must have caught and moved one of them causing a massive head crash/jam when the carriage moved across it. Oops. Won't be forgetting to pull them out again anytime soon...

9. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA

Try searching for Media Edge Holders.... Google popped up alot of sources.

Amazon...ebay...etc....