• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500, L26500 and L28500 edge holders

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
I was just about to post a thread about these. I've been using them for banner and paper on my L26 but this morning the carriage just smashed into one. Bent up one of the little "ears" and broke the plastic slider. And somehow the broken plastic wedged straight up vertical where the 4th head comes through the bottom of the carriage. I don't know what the....

KevSign

I was just about to post a thread about these. I've been using them for banner and paper on my L26 but this morning the carriage just smashed into one. Bent up one of the little "ears" and broke the plastic slider. And somehow the broken plastic wedged straight up vertical where the 4th head comes through the bottom of the carriage. I don't know what the....

We got similar problem and stop using it.

To me the L28 media load better than L25 & L26. Less head strike on some thick material. Also warm-up and print faster too.

We had to lower vacuum on banner help less platen mark on banner when it cools down.

bigben

wow, I use them on fabric but your story make me wondering if it's a good idea...

sowinski_t

I generally only use them on media that has a bit of edge curl when it heats up. For me thats only a perf vinyl that we use and one of our banners. I haven't had them mess up on me like signdesigner1 described... by themselves. Once I forgot to pull them out when I loaded a different media and the edge of it must have caught and moved one of them causing a massive head crash/jam when the carriage moved across it. Oops. Won't be forgetting to pull them out again anytime soon...