Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help L25500 Trouble After Belt Replacement

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by VFT, May 7, 2019.

1. VFT

VFT New Member

Apr 26, 2018
    New York
    So, I was printing along nicely and my belt shredded. It was a fairly quick and painless replacement, but now I error out. It initializes and then the head slowly moves across, no banging and comes back to the capping station. Then it zips out and throws an 86:01. When I installed the belt I put the new one in exactly the same location as the old. I literally counted the teeth to make sure. I also cleaned the pulley. While I had it apart I also cleaned and lubed the carriage rail. When I put the encoder strip back in, I made sure it was clean and not damaged. I double cleaned and triple cleaned it, but it still does the exact same thing. I uploaded a quick video here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GKL87LdWejn2ldGq1WMwVfV5vecRySmI/view?usp=drivesdk

Any suggestions?

2. VFT

VFT New Member

Apr 26, 2018
    New York
    I just wanted to post the solution I found to my problem so if anyone else happens to have a similar issue they might find a fix.

WARNING!! I would not recommend this if you have a warranty or service contract on your printer. I tried it because with a discontinued model, I really had nothing to lose. It was a last ditch effort to finish up the jobs I have pending.

I used blue masking tape to hold together a thin metal knock out pressed between 2 rubber washers I had laying around. I inserted it at the bottom section of the tensioner pulley. The rubber washers were roughly 1/8" thick each and the knock out was about 1/32. It has made it through initialization, a head alignment and a few small test prints with no issues.

Hope this helps someone with a similar problem!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. phxl

phxl New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Des Moines, IA
    I cannot thank you enough for sharing this. I was having the exact issue as you showed in your video, and your solution got everything going for me again.

It's been a painful week. Thanks for clearing up my gray skies!