• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 won't initialize

currentcreation

I can't get this L25500 to start up. The screen lights up with the rectangle and just sits there.
Anyone see this before?

Thanks

amulle

I had this happen to my L25500 last year. We tried replacing all the computer components one by one. Turns out, it was a bad memory stick. Using a memory stick that matched the specs from a PC would NOT work. However, when I ordered the official part from HP, the printer started right up.

It was 2 weeks of hell.....just for it to be a memory stick.

-Alfred

I can't get this L25500 to start up. The screen lights up with the rectangle and just sits there.
Anyone see this before?

Thanks

currentcreation

thanks for the info. do you happen to have a link, part number or any further info on this memory stick?

I had this happen to my L25500 last year. We tried replacing all the computer components one by one. Turns out, it was a bad memory stick. Using a memory stick that matched the specs from a PC would NOT work. However, when I ordered the official part from HP, the printer started right up.

-Alfred

currentcreation

86:01

Hey. Another question.
I keep getting these 'possible substrate jam' errors while it is warming up.

I have cleaned the carriage rails and oiled them. Is there something else that would cause it to get stuck on one end or the other?
It runs the length of the rail and then gets stuck on the end. Can't seem to find the cause.

Split76

Hey. Another question.

I have cleaned the carriage rails and oiled them. Is there something else that would cause it to get stuck on one end or the other?
It runs the length of the rail and then gets stuck on the end. Can't seem to find the cause.

is the encoder strip clean all the way?

nate

Hey. Another question.

Could be the reflector isn't perfectly clean.

currentcreation

went over the strip a few times again, just to be sure. also cleaned off the reflector and the red lens.

it is stopping right before it goes into the far left ISS area.

edit:
..well, back to getting stuck on both ends.

i wonder if it needs new felts. they seem to be ok. soaked with oil, but ok.

Split76

went over the strip a few times again, just to be sure. also cleaned off the reflector and the red lens.

it is stopping right before it goes into the far left ISS area.

edit:
..well, back to getting stuck on both ends.

i wonder if it needs new felts. they seem to be ok. soaked with oil, but ok.

I don't believe it is the felts. When the felts go bad the machine ask for carriage rail cleaning and lubricating all the time. Bad felts make friction. I have changed bushings 2-3 times and the whole ******* carriage once but never had problems like you are having. Just constant clean and lubricate messages :)
My machine had something strange with the original carriage, bushings wore out uneavenly which wasnt supposed to be possible. We changed the whole carriage, it took 4 hours and service manual. HP's are easy to fix by yourself and believe me , we don't have any skills for that :) Here it would have cost something like 3000-4000 euros to do that, i bought the original unused carriage from ebay (200$) and it bushings and felts were included. You can buy bushings and felts with under 100$ from ebay.

currentcreation

hmm. bushings. haven't looked into that yet.
not concerned with ability to fix it, just locating the problem that is giving me a headache.

thanks to everyone for the input.

ordered a bushing/felt kit just to be sure.

I don't believe it is the felts. When the felts go bad the machine ask for carriage rail cleaning and lubricating all the time. Bad felts make friction. I have changed bushings 2-3 times and the whole ******* carriage once but never had problems like you are having. Just constant clean and lubricate messages :)
My machine had something strange with the original carriage, bushings wore out uneavenly which wasnt supposed to be possible. We changed the whole carriage, it took 4 hours and service manual. HP's are easy to fix by yourself and believe be , we don't have any skills for that :)
You can buy bushings and felts with 100$ from ebay.

Split76

currentcreation

I also wanted to mention for anyone else having a problem with the initialization and not even getting to the point where the carriage starts moving. I didn't need to replace the RAM, only to remove and reseat it.

-Alfred

amulle

I also wanted to mention for anyone else having a problem with the initialization and not even getting to the point where the carriage starts moving. I didn't need to replace the RAM, only to remove and reseat it.

I'm glad that worked for you, it unfortunately did not for me.

Zerch

hello, i'm having the same issue right now, my l25500 won't initialize, i tried your suggestions already, tried just reseating the RAM stick with no luck, i just get the rectangle at the beggining and nothing else, when i try to enter into diagnostics mode via the 3 button combination, it starts beeping strangely, it's not like the normal single beep from the start up, but even thou, nothing else happens, i haven't ordered another RAM stick from HP yet, i'd like to be sure it is that before doing so.