• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 and caldera problems

bigben

Hi folks! I've got some problems with my printer. Hp and caldera just throw the ball at each other.

First, I have problems to print in the center of the roll. Even if I select the option in the rip and see it n the screen, the printer will print the image on the right side of the printer. Everything was working good few days ago. I probably did something wrong but I can't figure it out.

Secondly, bowing problems on vinyl and banner material. I know we can compensate this in the rip, but the problem is I need to check it out every time I want to print. For example, if I print a 12inx50in box the setting will not be the same if I print five box 12inx10in. It's very frustrating.

Help me please...

ProColorGraphics

I haven't had any problems with my L25500 and Caldera as far as the centering.

For the "bowing" I use the adjustment that is on the printer, not the RIP. The only real problems I have had with that were with low end calendared media.

bigben

I haven't had any problems with my L25500 and Caldera as far as the centering.

For the "bowing" I use the adjustment that is on the printer, not the RIP. The only real problems I have had with that were with low end calendared media.

For the bowing problem, the rip overwrite the setting in the printer.

For the center thing, would you recommend to reinstall the rip?

bigben

So I installed mountain lion, install the new version of caldera, reset everything.

My centering problem is solved. But for the bowing, everytime I will print on oracal 3164 I will need to adjust it. the ''straightness optimisation'' is not the same if you print one 12inX48in and four 12inX12in. I wonder why...

ProColorGraphics

One thing I found that helped was turning the heat down on whatever profile I used. They all seemed too hot, at least where I am at anyways.

ProColorGraphics

I noticed that cheap calendared vinyls were bad too. Like the 3M IJ10 stuff, the bowing was bad and just the curling of the material in general since the backing paper was so thin. Arlon 4560GT has worked very well. I leave it set to "0" no matter what I print.

Are you noticing it when you cut it out on a plotter?

bigben

I Are you noticing it when you cut it out on a plotter?

If I compensate (normaly it take 1 or 2 mm), my ruler will give a strait line and the cut in the summa will be perfect.

I would like to try your idea of changing the temperature. Do you change both of them or juste one? Can you give me an idea of what temperature I should put?

Thanks.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
For the bowing, try using vinyls that have at least a 90 pound paper liner. I know some of the less expensive rolls have an 80 pound or 82 pound liner which is more prone to warping under the heat.

bigben

For the bowing, try using vinyls that have at least a 90 pound paper liner. I know some of the less expensive rolls have an 80 pound or 82 pound liner which is more prone to warping under the heat.

interesting... If I'm right, with the specs on oracal web site, the 3164 could be a problem, but 3165 should be fine?

bigben

Thank you signdesigner1, I've just made the test. I have bowing with oracal 3164 but not with 3165. So your advise about the liner is right.

Thank you SO much!!! :U Rock:

Ben

ProColorGraphics

For mine, I normally set the temps to 55 and 95 with the HP gloss vinyl 12 pass profile. For me the inks are fully cured and there isn't any bowing. I never had luck using a ruler. I would just do a couple guess and checks to get it right. That worked the best for me.

As you are looking at the printer, if the prints bowed down, go negative on the number. Vice versa.