• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 Grey printing problem

yamaha581

We have an L26500 and for some reason it has trouble printing grey. It always seems to print it more of a shade of green. I really never noticed it but we have had multiple people say why does the print have green in it. We had a friend with the same printer and his would print grey just fine. They were using ONYX rip and we are using Flexi so I am guessing that would be the difference. We are using all the correct profiles for material though so I was not sure if anyone else had this problem or if it is all just in the rip.

WB

Can you even re-lineraize in Flexi?

Onxy is a far superior RIP. You have a profile problem like Yamaha said.

Joe House

every RIP, I've used can linearize. Flexi can produce full ICC profiles.
BTW, if you don't realize what Flexi can or can't do, you're probably not in a position to say which one is superior

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Gray is one of the hardest things to print on a CMYK machine precisely because it's a CMYK machine. Whatever gray you're trying to hit is necessarily expressed in some particular combination these colors, only one of which being black.

All of the buck coloristas adrift in these waters will all tell you to diddle whatever profile you might be using this way or that. That will work and it usually results in the particular shade of gray being produced. Sort of. But then it usually tends to screw up the myriad other shades of gray. Tending off to the magenta and/or green hued grays that tend to pi$$ people off. Especially those that are footing the bill.. There just isn't a real good way to print reliably any old gray outside of some cleanroom-like laboratory environment. Even then I seriously doubt it could be done as a sustained phenomenon.

If you have just one particular gray to hit it's often a whole hell of a lot simpler to just mess around trying to come up with a CMYK formula the works for you on that day. If you're attempting a black and white bitmap or gradient, Good luck.

dypinc

Or, you can set in the RIP to print your grays using black only. But, if you choose to print CMYK grays then a proper linearization and profile has to be created, and linearization/calibration has to be maintained. But, Color Monkeys don't seem to be able to grasp this.

And, don't forget the temperature of you viewing lights will affect the tint of your grays.

Last edited:

hcardwell93

Are the products laminated? I've seen great colors off the printer turn green after laminate has been applied.