• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 Inconsistent horizontal banding

SignProPlus-Chip

This started abut a week ago with just dark banding. As of today in a single print, I get both light and dark bands. So It's not something we can seem to correct with the manual advance adjustment. I have run through all of the troubleshooting for horizontal banding. All new print heads, calibrated everything imaginable.

Any ideas?

danno

What is the humidity in the print area? When our humidity gets over 55% ours will band in the white. (yes, I know it doesn't print white)

SignProPlus-Chip

It should be pretty low, the room is climate controlled. Plus we never had this problem over the last two years.

I manually aligned the printheads
All new print heads installed
test plot shows everything firing properly.

Can I try anything else? Will Vacuum, Tension etc... affect banding?

Bly

We get some banding on our 360s in certain colours, like muddy dark greens.
Tried a few different pass settings & resolutions until I found one that fixed it.

danno

changing passes, vacuum and tensions affect ours. When our heaters were of the verge of not working, they couldn't get warm enough to cure/dry the ink. When we replaced the elements, all was good.

GraphicsSource

What material are you using? Is it on multiple substrates or just one? It probably has to do with the automatic "feed calibration" these machines have. Does changing the number of passes seem to help? How about changing profiles?

How do your nozzle tests look immediately after you see banding? If your printhead assembly is gone out it will cause your heads to prematurely drop out, I just replaced the one on ours.