• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 Rewinder Motor Replacement

Blasko

Has anyone had one replaced yet? I had one fail on me a few weeks ago and HP replaced it. Now the new one is starting to show the same symptoms.

After each carriage pass, the spindle advance has a nasty little 'click' to it that gets bad and then stops and keeps randomly doing that. Eventually, it will abort printing and usually say "Possible Substrate Jam". But there is no jam. The motor thinks there is more tension than there is I suppose. I'm not sure of exactly which error codes I got. They're written down around here somewhere.. HP said the failures are uncommon. And I'm on my second one.

Initially they (Over Phone) Had me boot the printer into diagnostics and run a few tests. The Motor gave a PWM value of somewhere in the 750 range when the machine said it should be 0-700. When the new motor was installed it gave a rating of 830+ then a 750ish rating. HP let it ride and it has been working okay until now. Same issues.

HP is sending me another one tomorrow. I'll post up the error codes when I find them. Was just curious for input or similar stories. Thanks guys.
EDIT: I know I had error 81:01 There were more. When found they will be posted.

I'll put up video as an example too if I can.

Last edited:

Intense01

My machine is a little over a month old and is making the same click. I haven't had any issues or error codes yet. Just a very noticeable click after each pass.

Blasko

My machine is a little over a month old and is making the same click. I haven't had any issues or error codes yet. Just a very noticeable click after each pass.

The thing with my machine is that it is not consistent.

click.click.click.click.clack.clack.thud.thud.thud.normal.normal.normal.click.click etc.

Once it starts getting irregular, it never goes back or stays the same. its random. Never the same pattern. Never the same amount of each.

Some of the sounds are pretty bad sounding. I'm definitely posting a video when I can.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

Those clicks are electrical discharge. You may have a grounding issue with your machine or to much static build up from the materials you are printing on and need to find a way to release it.

The take-up motors aren't very well grounded and can shut off mid print do to static overload.

chafro

Your rail is to dry.

You need to lubricated the top and bottom rail. With such low humitity is necessary to lubricate more often that when the machine asks you.

Don't lubricate just the patch, put oil directly to the rail and spread with your fingers.

It's important to fix this because this eventually will damage other parts of the printer.

Blasko

Those clicks are electrical discharge. You may have a grounding issue with your machine or to much static build up from the materials you are printing on and need to find a way to release it.

The take-up motors aren't very well grounded and can shut off mid print do to static overload.

I'll run that by the technician today too to see what his input is.

Your rail is to dry.

You need to lubricated the top and bottom rail. With such low humitity is necessary to lubricate more often that when the machine asks you.

Don't lubricate just the patch, put oil directly to the rail and spread with your fingers.

It's important to fix this because this eventually will damage other parts of the printer.

You're talking about the carriage that moves left to right? I'm having issues with the substrate advance/rewind motor for the materials.

chafro

Yes, I thought the sound was from the left to right movement.

Have you lubricanted the rollers then? Three drops of oil in each small hole at the sides of the rollers.

Do a maintenance,, its very simple,,, the printer guides you trough it. Will take 10-15 minutes. It will make you lubricanted the rails and rollers.

Blasko

Yes, I thought the sound was from the left to right movement.

Have you lubricanted the rollers then? Three drops of oil in each small hole at the sides of the rollers.

Do a maintenance,, its very simple,,, the printer guides you trough it. Will take 10-15 minutes. It will make you lubricanted the rails and rollers.

My printer gets its regular maintenance.
I just did the rollers the day before HP replaced the motor actually.

HP came and didn't get it finished on day 1. The second day I personally couldn't be there because I had to be On-Site. The Owner was there and they replaced another motor for driving a different roller, and the encoder disc. So far I haven't had any more issues yet. We will see.