• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Label company infomation

Fatima

Hi There

I would like some advice,
I am opening an online personalised children label company,
labels used for Identifying their clothes, books, lunchboxes etc.
and would like to get advice as to what machine to invest in?
What labels - raw materials to source
Also, I want to work from home, but was advised that the ink
has a very strong smell, and should not be done from home?

Pls any advise would be valuable...

Thanks fatima

Mikesbales

What size labels are you planning to print? I know a guy that does something similar and uses nothing but a Roland BN-20 (up to apx. 20" width). The Eco-Solvent ink does have a bit of a smell to it but I haven't found it to be bad but my nose isn't all that great. Look into the Roland, if you like it go find a dealer and see if they have a showroom where they can give you a demo. Anyways, just my $0.02.

Marlene

Hi There

Thanks fatima

labels for clothes would be cloth, the rest could be a paper or vinyl.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You don't want chemicals and the most economical and best bang for your buck would be this little machine. If you put the label on the hem at the bottom of clothing, it will work perfectly. Hopefully, you don't need a large array of colors. All the other applications will work just fine.

attachment.php

Attachments

• labels.jpg
    labels.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 283

Fatima

Thanks for the feedback...

Loads of mums have requested for the labels...as the pen, washes out after a while.

I think the idea of the Red gun, would not be feasible, as i would like to run a more
professional business, using a professional label printer, and being able to produce good quality labels
for books, bags, etc.

I don't understand why there is a need for a label on a lunchbox? If you see the lunchbox don't you already know it's a lunchbox before you see a label that says it. I think if you can read the word lunchbox you would already understand that's a lunchbox.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback...

Loads of mums have requested for the labels...as the pen, washes out after a while.

I think the idea of the Red gun, would not be feasible, as i would like to run a more
professional business, using a professional label printer, and being able to produce good quality labels
for books, bags, etc.

Make fun of it, if you will, but years ago, everything was labeled with those machines from hardwares stores to office filing cabinets to toys and just about anything you can imagine.
It fits your needs to a TEE.

If you want to look more professional, I would advise moving out of your bedroom and into a more professional building with professional machinery so you not only look professional, but put out professional work.

Afterall, we're in the business of branding and imaging, so walk the walk and not just talk the talk. :clapping:

Make fun of it, if you will, but years ago, everything was labeled with those machines from hardwares stores to office filing cabinets to toys and just about anything you can imagine.
It fits your needs to a TEE.

If you want to look more professional, I would advise moving out of your bedroom and into a more professional building with professional machinery so you not only look professional, but put out professional work.

Afterall, we're in the business of branding and imaging, so walk the walk and not just talk the talk. :clapping:

People pay big money for embossed stuff.

Buy a Cricut.

reQ

Lol. i think i should go into same business and say flack off to signs lol. These topics pop up like mushrooms after rain LOL.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Get an order and find a company like this and outsource....
http://www.namebubbles.com/Our-Products/Department.aspx?DeptID=147

Just look at how these things are made. Nothing that can hurt a human being.

Even the adhesives are completely safe and this guy wants to print with something that doesn't make him/her sick to the stomach while making them on their dining room table, but the heck with the end user's possible allergens to the ink, vinyl or other ingredients. :ROFLMAO:

Nanda

I would recommend opening your "store front" like the website and options for customers and then outsourcing to a company like www.stickerkid.com try getting in touch with them, because all the investment for the machines, including the printer which must be at least a Roland and laminators etc plus the equipment is large and it requires space.

Hi There

Thanks fatima

Nanda

To avoid lost items and mix ups

Most daycares, pre-schools, schools, camps and after school programs have a lost and found bin or room which is full of lost items that kids leave behind, including gloves, scarfs, shoes, uniforms, sweatshirts etc.... So moms usually use sharpies or other methods to label their kids stuff. I personally know a great company that makes those labels and I use them for my kids. My kids love them because they look cute (unlike sharpies) and I love them because they really stick and stay on their things. :)
who labels their kids clothes???

CoolLabels

We represent Gerber printers, which you may find suits your needs. Very small footprint, no chemicals/smells, large variety of adhesives/materials available, including some fabric application options. You can get very creative with designs. Let me know if you'd like more info, I'd be happy to send you some samples.

Brink

Did anyone notice that this person is in UAE-Dubai? Outsourcing to someone in the US or Canada may not be a feasible option due to turnaround/shipping times.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
morons

So I'm starting a business but don't know the first damn thing about the business. I think I have a good idea, but really don't.

Would you guys please show me the in's and out's of your industry, so I can either put some of you out of business, or better yet, **** off your future customers by not knowing what the hell I'm even doing?

:help