• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

labels2trade.com

Marlene

just got another decal order from labels2trade.com and the work is outstanding. I've been using both signs2trade and labels2trade and everything I've ordered is great. anyone looking for a source, I would recommend them highly. thanks for yet another great job!!!

Aklaim

labels2trade.com is officially closed as of last Friday. I just got off the phone with Keith and he explained to me that portion of the business is done. signs2trade.com however is still fully functional.

TheSnowman

labels2trade.com is officially closed as of last Friday. I just got off the phone with Keith and he explained to me that portion of the business is done. signs2trade.com however is still fully functional.

This is interesting to me as I can still log in and look at stuff....I have a hard time believing it's "closed", but that being said, I haven't tried ordering either.

And yes, Signs2Trade is amazing, so is Labels2Trade. Makes my shop run so efficient having them available to me.

Aklaim

I can log in too, but there's no pricing. I called, and I was told this is the current status. The piece of equipment they purchased for labels2trade.com was taken back by the equipment manufacturer because they couldn't keep it running and operational, effectively shutting down labels2trade.com Go ahead and call them...

dale911

President
go figure...a piece of printing equipment that has issues with actually working consistantly:rolleyes:

TheSnowman

That's too bad. I don't have a TON of labels, but I've used them a few times and it worked out great. Maybe there is hope it will return since all the info is still on the website.

Marlene

just got off a live chat with them and was told they are re-tooling their adhesives and will send out e-mails as products become available. sure hope so as I've got a few jobs quoted using them as my source and sure can't get the same else where. this totlally sucks as their products are outstanding

MakeMyGraphic

Just caught wind of this today as well, a little bit of a bummer since I had been boasting about their quality to a few of my Customers trying to get them to switch over :x but now looks like this is going to be a problem haha... geez go figure :) life of a Graphic Designer AND a Print Shop... something always goes awry.

I do hope they do continue their awesome service and get back online soon though since I would LOVE to actually place a few orders, now it's onto explaining to those customers that THIS pricing and service is currently unavailable.

Soooo just to be clear, they are NOT discontinuing their service but are simply getting new machinery and expanding their production site? That's what I take from the post on their page.

Biker Scout

Meanwhile, 4Over is ramping up their label production side, and are getting more and more competitive with some of the other large label printing companies. Plus there's a discount code this month for labels, if I'm not mistaken.

Labels are an interesting part of the printing industry. There are several ways to make a label, from litho to foil to embossing, spot color, die cut, pre-cut, cut in-line, kiss cut, back printing... the list goes on and on. It's very expensive to get into actual label printing. Yeah, we can kinda do labels with a gerber or summa, and while those are great options, they are very high cost options.

There are several companies that kit together in-house label making solutions from large color laser printers to the MemJet printer. I've researched many of them. They are interesting. Expensive. But interesting. There's one that I really liked, it had an inline laminator, that fed into a small inline plotter for die cutting, that fed into an unwebbing unit that stripped all the extra around the label right before it re-rolled everything back up for your client. Neat to watch and see that you could literally get yourself a table top label press (of sorts) for only $40k. It's steep, but if that's what you really wanted to do was offer labels, that's a really great idea to get in on the ground floor of label production. Apart from getting a real press.