• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

labour on wrapping

Xcesiv

Just curious how long it takes people on average to wrap a car

From start to finish

And as a rough guide just curious what people budget to wrap.
Do you budget by the meter or panel?

Just curious how other people work it out to see if I'm on the same track as others in the industry

jasonx

Just curious how long it takes people on average to wrap a car

From start to finish

And as a rough guide just curious what people budget to wrap.
Do you budget by the meter or panel?

Just curious how other people work it out to see if I'm on the same track as others in the industry

It really depends on the vehicle. If your doing a simple cargo van you can knock it out fairly quickly especially if you have no bumpers etc.

Start doing passenger cars with the front and rear bumpers, side mirrors etc and those things start taking up more time.

On average 1-2 days.

A lot of people in our industry and cutting the bottom end out of wraps in terms of pricing.

I just had to strip a van that we got under quoted by $200 because it was failing not long ago and I had to redo it. They sure didn't use a cast vinyl it was popping out of the simplest recesses.

We calculate the material separately to the install. A more complex install should cost more then a simple vehicle. It also depends if you can use inlay pieces on bumpers etc which make it a lot faster. Knifeless tape works wonders here.

fmg

I would also think that depend on the installers and how experienced and qualified they are.

jlowe

For my installs I usually estimate 1 hour per panel with curves (i.e. cars, vans, trucks) and 1/2 hour per panel flat(box trucks, trailers, storefronts) this is everything included-from cleaning to post heating. Once I have that I can price accordingly based on time. However, if I have a second installer or someone doing prep and finish out I sometimes calculate based on sq.ft. Per hour and pay percentage from that.

SignProPlus-Chip

When we do a wrap for one of our clients, we charge a flat rate per square foot for the wrap that includes installation. However also install wraps for other companies here in the area. Typically we charge by the square foot to install. But complexity can change that rate too.