• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Lamex Overlam for Wrap?

rlmercer

Our HP printer is down at the moment, so we're having to use a local wholesale printer to print for a wrap due next week. He uses IJ180cv3 vinyl with Lamex 2mil 4yr overlaminate. His pricing is good, but would our wrap job be compromised with the Lamex? Anybody use the Lamex for wraps?

2B

yeah, why would they use a cast digital and a cal lamination.
Asking for trouble there IMO

if only your printer is down, then have them print and you laminate it

we have used a good cal print vinyl and cast lam on flat vehicles but never over curves and have had good results

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Hope you found someone else to print for you.

I would never use Lamex and as mentioned before cast with cal lam.......just open the window and throw your money out, you'll get better results!

Christian @ 2CT Media

How do you guys know they aren't using the cast Lamex lam?

The Lamex Lam is pretty good although with our past history with 3M I would only use matched kits as they are quick the throw blame about.

FatCat

How do you guys know they aren't using the cast Lamex lam?

The Lamex Lam is pretty good although with our past history with 3M I would only use matched kits as they are quick the throw blame about.

My thoughts exactly. We've used the cast Lamex in the past on various wrap projects that required us to try to save a few bucks and all have held up well. My thinking is cast is cast...doesn't really matter if its 3M, Avery, Oracal or whoever - all cast laminates should hold up equally well as far as longevity goes.

2B

yeah, why would they use a cast digital and a cal lamination.
Asking for trouble there IMO

if only your printer is down, then have them print and you laminate it

we have used a good cal print vinyl and cast lam on flat vehicles but never over curves and have had good results
And that is why you shouldn't make assumptions.

I retract my previous statement.
Seems the Lamex cast lamination is only 4 yrs.

Lamex 2 Mil 4yr | FELLERS

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk

Last edited: