• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate not applying evenly

JLD984

Having trouble recently with the tension bar on laminator not sitting flat while laminating. The left and right end alternate in rising then falling which is leaving a slight wave/ripple effect in the end product. I assumed this would disappear after mounting the print with the manual laminator but it's still there and is weeks later. I don't have any photos at the moment but I'm sure it's just a matter of getting the tension bar to stay in the same position. Any help appreciated.

AF

Can you web the machine without using the bar? It sounds like you webbed it incorrectly. Lower your tension as low as possible regardless.

JLD984

No the bar isn't warped and yes it's webbed correctly, I've been using it for three years but it has just done this the last three times I've changed laminate. Still using the same few laminates I always have so nothing has changed there. I'll ease the tension right off and see if that helps but I have been altering that a bit with no luck.