• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate not coming away from backing. GBC Titan WideFormat Roll Laminator

Josh Klassen

I use the GBC Titan WideFormat Roll Laminator at the shop I work at. I have been having trouble with the laminate not peeling away from the backing and it rides up and gets caught in the take up roller. Is there anything I can adjust to stop this from happening? It seems to stop doing this once the take up roller gets partially full of backing wound around it.

Cyw

I agree. Sounds like a tension issue.
We don't have a GBC, but on our RS, adjusting the tension will control how high/low the laminate separates

a77

I *just* had this problem, but only with avery 2060.
I crank the tension on the laminate feed roll, and the takeup reel roll, and I can see that the where the liner is separating from the laminate, it's actually pulling it off the top pressure roller. Didn't notice with any other laminate.

Is this the same problem you are having?

Josh Klassen

I *just* had this problem, but only with avery 2060.
I crank the tension on the laminate feed roll, and the takeup reel roll, and I can see that the where the liner is separating from the laminate, it's actually pulling it off the top pressure roller. Didn't notice with any other laminate.

Is this the same problem you are having?

sounds like the same problem. we adjusted the tension on the take up roller and it seems to be working better. although the take up roller is getting full of backing again so i am wondering if it is just working because of that factor. I will have to wait untill I am down to an empty take up roller to know if it really helped. But also I should mention that I was getting this problem with all different types of laminates.

a77

Just laminated a whole bunch today with 210 - no issues.
Does your problem occur with all laminates? What are you using?

Josh Klassen

Problem Solved

Just laminated a whole bunch today with 210 - no issues.
Does your problem occur with all laminates? What are you using?

We laminate with all sorts of laminates...cast, gloss, semi gloss, lustre, matte, dry erase, etc etc. The problem seemed to occur on everything we were using . We adjusted the tension and it seems to be working now...thanks everyone for your help!