• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate on decal sticking to plastic packaging

upandup

Our stickers are put in a thin poly bag before going into the retail packaging. I just visited one of the sites where our product is sold and I noticed that in many of the packages the bag was sticking to the face of the stickers. When I pull the bag away from the stickers it comes off very easy, but then leaves the sticker with a mark. I can only think that it may be moisture, but I have a competitor that just bags their stickers and I know they don't have this issue.

Anyone have any idea why this would be happening? Is there a certain type of plastic that I need to use to bag so it doesn't interact with the vinyl overlaminate?

Snydo

Could it be static? I've also noticed that gloss laminate is much more "grabby" of other pvc type products compared to matte lam.

upandup

Could it be static? I've also noticed that gloss laminate is much more "grabby" of other pvc type products compared to matte lam.

I thought of that as well, and it may be, but the only thing that is really perplexing me is the fact that it is leaving a mark on my decals where the plastic was stuck. Makes me think it could only be moisture, but the bag is wide open and unsealed. I'm hoping someone knows if a certain type or weight of plastic bag won't have the reaction.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We used to have the same issue with hot stamped magnets and it also left a mark. Typical poly bags are PVC. You might want to get a hold of your competitor's bag (pardon the visual) and check it to see if it's also PVC (it will be stretchy). Mylar or cellophane might be a better choice.

JB

upandup

We used to have the same issue with hot stamped magnets and it also left a mark. Typical poly bags are PVC. You might want to grab hold of your competitors bag (pardon the visual) and check it to see if it's also PVC (it will be stretchy). Mylar might be a better choice.

JB

HAHAHAHA, I haven't had a belly laugh like that in a while! Seriously, thank you for that. Also, thank you for the suggestion. I am planning on taking theirs to a packaging company to see if they can enlighten me. Holy sh**, I am still laughing...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I slightly edited my first reply so it didn't sound quite so cavalier, but it looks like you quoted me before I could get the job done. Glad you enjoyed the humor.

EDIT: I guess I was laughing right along with you when I mis-typed the info above. Typical poly bags are Low Density Polyethylene. Sorry for the confusion.

JB

upandup

I slightly edited my first reply so it didn't sound quite so cavalier, but it looks like you quoted me before I could get the job done. Glad you enjoyed the humor.

EDIT: I guess I was laughing right along with you when I mis-typed the info above. Typical poly bags are Low Density Polyethylene. Sorry for the confusion.

JB

Well I'm glad I got the quote in. Good humor should be shared. My wife got a kick out of that one too.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
HAHAHAHA, I haven't had a belly laugh like that in a while! Seriously, thank you for that. Also, thank you for the suggestion. I am planning on taking theirs to a packaging company to see if they can enlighten me. Holy sh**, I am still laughing...

Your concept of humor seems somewhat different that the rest of civilization's. While the equivocation in 'grabbing your competitor's bag' might be mildly amusing, it's hardly the stuff of raucous knee-slapping hilarity. Unless you were raised in a convent.

upandup

Your concept of humor seems somewhat different that the rest of civilization's. While the equivocation in 'grabbing your competitor's bag' might be mildly amusing, it's hardly the stuff of raucous knee-slapping hilarity. Unless you were raised in a convent.

When you re-read your post, what does it make you think? The condescension and superiority is palpable. Sorry for my low brow behavior, it took me off guard and I'm in a good mood. I would suggest trying to find humor in the small things. It will make life much more enjoyable Bob. Have a wonderful night.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
When you re-read your post, what does it make you think? The condescension and superiority is palpable. Sorry for my low brow behavior, it took me off guard and I'm in a good mood. I would suggest trying to find humor in the small things. It will make life much more enjoyable Bob. Have a wonderful night.

It's bob, not Bob. Regardless, I find humor in all things. Everything. There is nothing in the external reality that can't or shouldn't be laughed at. Nothing is protected, everything is grist for the humor mill. From someone's pantheon of gods to an equivocal snatching up of someone's nut sack. Some things are mildly amusing, others uproarious. Try to grasp this difference.

I do find tight-a$$es, many of which are adrift in these waters, especially hilarious.