• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminate scrimm

brycesteiner

I printed vinyl scrimm and I've had it in the shop for a few days. It's on my Mutoh VJ1324 and it printed very well. If I use my finger nail to scrape, it can still smear. Zeelon 13 oz gloss solvent banner is the material used. Is this common? I printed this on a vinyl and I can't seem to get it to smear at all. It will actually tear the vinyl first.

Is laminating an option on scrimm or is there another option?

thanks,
Bryce

Christian @ 2CT Media

We now laminate all of our banners for a few clients... We went through a lot of testing with various laminates and found a few that work well... We are going on year 2 with no delamination on any of the products we have used.

The one I recommend starting with is Instant One Media, it has worked really well on the ARLON DPF313, 315, & 318 stocks we primarily use.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I have ceased printing on ANY gloss banner due to this. Matte only now, on Solvent and Latex, and in my opinion, looks SO much better. If they request gloss, we'll do it. Most people don't know there's any choice.

shoresigns

+1 we only stock matte banner material for printing on our Roland. Gloss doesn't dry fast enough. You may also have issues with drying time if you're using 3rd party inks or if you're using the cheapest brand of banner material you can get your hands on.

brycesteiner

Excellent. I didn't think it was just me. I will look into using fans while it's drying and then probably switch to the Matte as I reorder material. Smearing/scratching is not too bad, but any is not good.

I also found out that it's worth paying a little more for better grommets. Live and learn!