• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminate shifts while laminating

Kwiksigns

wookie
I don't really know how to explain it otherwise... It seems to only happen with arlon 3420. I only have arlon 3420 and dol1460. I can go 150' of the 1460 without any shift but the 3420 also seems to bunch up on the right side so I use my hand on the roll to increase the tension and then it walks. Is there an adjusment within the laminator that maybe needs to be fixed or should I try some different cal lams? its workable, not so much on long runs.

Attachments

• 20151109_171427.jpg
    20151109_171427.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 111

Brink

Bunching up on one side is almost certainly uneven pressure on the rollers. (i.e. one side squeezing tighter than the other.)

Some films are more susceptible to pressure making the film thinner and therefore longer. I would work on getting the roller pressure even all the way across the rollers.

Also some laminators have a very slight bulge designed into the center of the rollers. If you are working with film that is less than the width of the machine and are on one side or the other instead of the center, that could be the deal too.

Anyway, thats my two cents. Good luck.

Rodan68

The 3420 is a 3mil film and the 1460 is a 1mil film. Maybe the 3420's extra thickness is causing enough pressure uneveness to cause it to walk or bunch up where the 1460 it goes unnoticed.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
We struggled w the 3420 not feeding great on our Seal, not as bad with the 3220 but ultimately decided not to use their lams.