• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating 3M180 with 8508?

SouthEastMIsigns

One of my employees accidentally printed a full bus wrap on 3M 180 instead of 3M 40C. I have wrapped 8 of these buses for this customer in the past with 3M40C + 8508. All areas receiving vinyl are completely flat. Would there be any issues laminating the 180 with 8508 instead of 8518? I'd like to try to limit my costs from the mistake if I can, but I'm willing to eat the costs if the 180 won't mate well to the 8508. I definitely don't want to deal with any warranty issues because I tried to save a couple hundred bucks.

Thanks!

ikarasu

You can put Cast laminate on Calandered vinyl, but putting calandered laminate on Cast vinyl will cause the vinyl to lift in the heat.

That said, 8508 is a cast overlaminate. It's not on the recommended list... but it should be fine.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i dont think you should see any problems.
i would think it would crack before anything else.
with that said i would ride it out and see what happens before worrying about it to much

SouthEastMIsigns

You can put Cast laminate on Calandered vinyl, but putting calandered laminate on Cast vinyl will cause the vinyl to lift in the heat.

That said, 8508 is a cast overlaminate. It's not on the recommended list... but it should be fine.

Thanks for the response and info. We are going to laminate with the 8508.