• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating Oracal 3651

daenterpri

Laminating Oracal 3651 using 210 they say to go cold. However, what happens if you use heat? Is it bad for it? Wont it make it more clear? Will it cause more curl?

BTW, is there a way to not have any curl with my decals using calendared vinyl?

Biker Scout

Calendared Vinyl basically has memory of it's original blob shape before it was pressed between two rollers (calendaring) Cast Vinyl, was basically "cast into a flat sheet" It really only gets it's slight curl from the paper backing. Otherwise it's fine with laying flat or any other shape.

MrSalumi

Do a search for out gas / out gassing. 3651 / 210 doesn't need heat.
Cold is fine. It might silver a little but it will go away after a while.. Heat will help the silvering a bit but too much heat will cause problems. Just go cold.

hansman

210 is a cold laminate.
If you use heat on 210 matte it will gloss up............
In answer to your other question > What will cause more curl is too much tension on the rollers.

daenterpri

210 is a cold laminate.
If you use heat on 210 matte it will gloss up............
In answer to your other question > What will cause more curl is too much tension on the rollers.

If I have a Royal Sovereign, how would I control tension? It seems like it only has one setting for vinyl really, am I right?

hansman

I am not too sure on the laminators that have preset slots for pressure setting the rollers. I am thinking more of the adjustable hand crank style to set the rollers manually like the Seal 54 below.

SetWidth250-3745.jpg