• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating with a Rollsroller

Signout

Hi everyone, we recently purchased a Rollsroller and love it so far for applying graphics and pre-mask, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks when it comes to laminating with it? We laminate with ORACAL 293 which has a paper liner, and find ourselves trying to keep the liner held / rolled up while pushing the roller in the opposite direction - on our old roll to roll it would roll the liner up and then we would have extra paper on hand for patterns, wrapping signs for shipping ect.
We thought about adding another bracket beside of the laminate roll itself, but If someone has figured out a better way I would love to hear your ideas / solutions.
Thank You!

dypinc

A flatbed laminator is pretty limited to specific applications and not really designed for over-laminating with release liner over-laminates, especially from printer take-up roll to laminator take up roll.

Why aren't you using your roll to roll for this?

T

TonyC

We have another brand but the concept should be the same.

(1) Line up the laminate and trim to size
(2) With roller we apply about a 1-2' section at one end
(3) Set roller at previous starting location, roll the rest of laminate and place over the roller leaving it in a roll
(4) While 1 person holds the backer 2nd person pushes the roller applying the laminate

We have only had 1 error while laminating with our machine in 4 months. The error was caused because the roller wasn't completely in down position.
We LOVE our table. It saves our production person 3-4 hours a day and has reduced errors to nearly zero.

DustinD

Merchant Member
Tony C has the right idea.

If you are laminating a cut piece treat it as you would if you were applying it to a sheet. Cut the laminate and use the same process as applying to a cut sheet. This will give you the best results with the least amount of waste.