• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Lamination For Rigid Materials

bigben

So, I'm planing to buy my first flatbed printer in few months. Now I'm looking for a solution to laminate rigid material. Since my product will be cut in very small parts (around 1,25inX4in), I was leaning toward liquid lamination. I will do between 20 to 30 4x8 sheet per day that will require lamination. What would be the best way to do this? I've saw some special machines from drytac and neschen on google, but they are not on their website.

bigben

Just in case my post is not clear, here is what machine I've found so far on youtube. But I can't find it on the drytac website.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
You're on the right track. That's a UV Coater, and with small parts, that's probably what you need. Keep in mind that the UV coating is not nearly as durable as a film laminate with a UV inhibitor though. It's mostly to give it a higher gloss level.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Just in case my post is not clear, here is what machine I've found so far on youtube. But I can't find it on the drytac website.

Drytac is not making this anymore, please call me for the solution you need as I can help you right now. 800-421-6167

bigben

You're on the right track. That's a UV Coater, and with small parts, that's probably what you need. Keep in mind that the UV coating is not nearly as durable as a film laminate with a UV inhibitor though. It's mostly to give it a higher gloss level.

I know that UV coating is not as durable as a film laminate. But even if I laminate my 4x8 sheet then cut my pieces, I worried that the laminate will lift or shrink over time. If I'm wrong, please educate me because I've thought we could not laminate UV print. But on another hand, I would like to liquid laminate my phototex products.

This is what you want I think

This machine seems faster and a lower footprint than the others I've saw on the net. I will send you a PM to get more details.