• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator info needed

Danieve

HI,

I'm in the market for a laminator to go with the VP540 I just ordered. Money is definitely an issue so I'm looking for something I can afford but won't regret the minute I open the box. I really don't want to spend $7000 if I can help it. Any suggestions on a good entry-level laminator? The Daige seems to be more affordable than the Seal & Royal Sovereign, but I don't want buyers remorse, either! I'm just starting out so I don't know how to use any of them. ANy suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I'm located in the Sacramento, CA area.

Thanks!
:help

coastek

I heard a brand "USTECH" laminator, very solid build, reasonable price, better than Daige, I have friend bought from them in Califonia.

zmatalucci

daiges take a while to get the hang of. I couldn't tell you how many prints I ruined when I first got mine. I used to curse every time I had to use it.
Now, I got the hang of it, and run it everyday seamlessly.
Also, their tech support up in NY is Top Notch!

spectracolor

daiges take a while to get the hang of. I couldn't tell you how many prints I ruined when I first got mine. I used to curse every time I had to use it.
Now, I got the hang of it, and run it everyday seamlessly.
Also, their tech support up in NY is Top Notch!

I can say the same thing about Daige. It is a very good and inexpensive machine, just needs a better user manual.
Put it this way, if I were to do it again, I'd buy Daige again because it works perfectly and doesn't cost much. Good job Daige~!

blackicefx

Depending on the tolerances of your table, you could fab your own. I will post more info/pics once I have mine setup. If it's successful, I'll share all info. It takes less than $200 to build the frame, the only costly part is the roller itself.

Matthew
BlackIceFX