• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Laminator issue

Vohaul

So I have a 65” royal sovereign laminator
Which has developed what I call a “wave” which develops over time on the lamination setting.....

Pic here....
6308baf46ebdde534790907ef66796df.jpg

Is this just a pressure out of whack setting?

I have a scale and the aluminum strip thing.... is that a result of too much pressure?

What’s the ideal pressure?.

Thanks
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spooledUP7

Not enough feed tension perhaps. This often causes issues for me, but it may be like Bubba said where your roller(s) are different diameters. If you find this to be true then you may be able to prewarm the smaller section to expand the roller diameter. Just a thought.

Oh, and I have a latex printer which causes this when I haven't let the roll cool down before lam.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
This happened all the time with my first really cheap laminator (I'll leave the brand name off this thread) and it was because the bottom roller had a different twist in the center compared to the edges.
Solutions are typically,
Replace the softer core...or remove the core and unwind it so it's not twisted. You can possibly do this without removing if you open the nip all the way and un-twist by hand.

Then, to prevent it, as they said above, check the tensions.