Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laminator Needed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by customeyez, Jul 10, 2012.

1. customeyez

customeyez New Member

Jul 2, 2012
    I recently went from a 30" setup to a 55" and am in need of a laminator. Does anyone have one for sale or have recommendations on Brand / Model that has worked good for them? I am between a GFP and a Seal but haven't ruled out Royal Sovereign Ledco or GBC. The model I would like to find used is a Seal 62 base. Through my research I think this is the model I would like but new ones are a little out of range right now. I had a Ledco Econocraft 30" that I sold with the 30" Roland I had and it was a beast. It never messed up a print the whole time I had it.

2. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Call Grimco they got a few floor models for sale at name your own price. Just has to be a reasonable offer. No lowballing. Just my 2 cents not worth much as I am only a broker and wouldn't know a good laminator from a bad one.

3. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    unless you need heat assist get a dingtech/us laminator/eduralam.

have had two of them with MILES AND MILES through them. best bang for your buck.

4. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    we run a Drytac, does what we need

5. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Amen to that! If you don't need heat assist, these suckers are cheap and will go forever. Mine is over 5 years old and still trucking.

6. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I've had good luck with my US Tech. www.bestdgi.com. Just make sure to get one with one lever to adjust the tension.

7. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    ustech you can find them on ebay they are in Orlando Florida My 65" was $2,000 second one I have owned and as stated before if you dont need heat assist they are chaep and work great.

8. customeyez

customeyez New Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all the suggestions... I ended up buying a Seal 54 EL. I like having equipment that holds resale when I buy it and I really like the unibody construction for ruggedness. My printer is a Roland VP-540 so I can print 54" anyways. The only reason I was looking at a 60"+ was in case I upgrade the printer someday but I think this thing will hold it's value well enough if that happens.

9. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Hey guys. Noob here. Looking for a laminator for my 54in mimaki. What applications would i need a heat assist?

10. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Only if your delivering the print 10 after laminating it. Other than that, not really needed.

11. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    We love our GFP, but I wouldn't recommend getting it as its just a rebrand from China. Yinghe is the actual unit and it is sold here in the US for 1/3rd the price.

We recently got to run the Yinghe YH-1600H (Which is the full heat top and bottom version) and it is Identical to the GFP, only difference is its about $2700 Shipped for the 65" model vs over $7,000 for the GFP we bought.

12. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL

Who sells this Yinghe laminator?

13. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    I'm curious about it too as we are looking for another laminator. Is it exactly the same as the GFP? How do you know? I am looking at some pictures and I do see differences...

14. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFE2Om6TndE here is a little video on it I guess?

1 thing that I do not like is how the laminate roll is actually pretty far away from the feeding of the vinyl the reason I noticed this was I was trying to figure out what all the wrinkles in the laminate were and why they were there and thats the only thing I can think of unless loaded wrong?

15. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/...at+Roll+Laminator+for+Hot+and+Cold+Lamination - This is where I first found it, It looks like their prices went up a bit.

What really got my attention was inside my machine when we were doing some snooping and there are some parts labeled YingHE. So after doing research and contacting them, they are the OEM. You can buy directly from them for $1600 plus shipping ($500 - $1000 depending on your location and method).