• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Needed

customeyez

I recently went from a 30" setup to a 55" and am in need of a laminator. Does anyone have one for sale or have recommendations on Brand / Model that has worked good for them? I am between a GFP and a Seal but haven't ruled out Royal Sovereign Ledco or GBC. The model I would like to find used is a Seal 62 base. Through my research I think this is the model I would like but new ones are a little out of range right now. I had a Ledco Econocraft 30" that I sold with the 30" Roland I had and it was a beast. It never messed up a print the whole time I had it.

Locals Find!

Call Grimco they got a few floor models for sale at name your own price. Just has to be a reasonable offer. No lowballing. Just my 2 cents not worth much as I am only a broker and wouldn't know a good laminator from a bad one.

ProWraps

unless you need heat assist get a dingtech/us laminator/eduralam.

have had two of them with MILES AND MILES through them. best bang for your buck.

Flame

unless you need heat assist get a dingtech/us laminator/eduralam.

have had two of them with MILES AND MILES through them. best bang for your buck.

Amen to that! If you don't need heat assist, these suckers are cheap and will go forever. Mine is over 5 years old and still trucking.

4R Graphics

ustech you can find them on ebay they are in Orlando Florida My 65" was $2,000 second one I have owned and as stated before if you dont need heat assist they are chaep and work great.

customeyez

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all the suggestions... I ended up buying a Seal 54 EL. I like having equipment that holds resale when I buy it and I really like the unibody construction for ruggedness. My printer is a Roland VP-540 so I can print 54" anyways. The only reason I was looking at a 60"+ was in case I upgrade the printer someday but I think this thing will hold it's value well enough if that happens.

ironchef

Hey guys. Noob here. Looking for a laminator for my 54in mimaki. What applications would i need a heat assist?

Christian @ 2CT Media

We love our GFP, but I wouldn't recommend getting it as its just a rebrand from China. Yinghe is the actual unit and it is sold here in the US for 1/3rd the price.

We recently got to run the Yinghe YH-1600H (Which is the full heat top and bottom version) and it is Identical to the GFP, only difference is its about $2700 Shipped for the 65" model vs over $7,000 for the GFP we bought.

tomence

We love our GFP, but I wouldn't recommend getting it as its just a rebrand from China. Yinghe is the actual unit and it is sold here in the US for 1/3rd the price.

We recently got to run the Yinghe YH-1600H (Which is the full heat top and bottom version) and it is Identical to the GFP, only difference is its about $2700 Shipped for the 65" model vs over $7,000 for the GFP we bought.

Who sells this Yinghe laminator?

ForgeInc

I'm curious about it too as we are looking for another laminator. Is it exactly the same as the GFP? How do you know? I am looking at some pictures and I do see differences...

mudmedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFE2Om6TndE here is a little video on it I guess?

1 thing that I do not like is how the laminate roll is actually pretty far away from the feeding of the vinyl the reason I noticed this was I was trying to figure out what all the wrinkles in the laminate were and why they were there and thats the only thing I can think of unless loaded wrong?

Christian @ 2CT Media

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/...at+Roll+Laminator+for+Hot+and+Cold+Lamination - This is where I first found it, It looks like their prices went up a bit.

What really got my attention was inside my machine when we were doing some snooping and there are some parts labeled YingHE. So after doing research and contacting them, they are the OEM. You can buy directly from them for $1600 plus shipping ($500 - $1000 depending on your location and method).