• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LAMINATOR PROBLEM

RICHARD SIMMONS

Hi guys ! I'm having problems with my laminator. Somebody who knows about electronic, told me that this card is not working. Is it possible to fix it, or do I have to buy another card. The problem is that my laminator has no name. The booklet I have only says ZW. Could somebody let me know what to do ?? Or if it can be repaired ?? Or Where can I buy another one ?? Thank you !!
upload_2021-1-6_10-9-12.jpeg

netsol

Premium Subscriber
richard
someone from a tv repair shop, or that sort of thing, can probably fix the power supply board for you
if it were me, i would be more comfortable seeing it, inserted in the machine, however

why don't you hedge your bets and post pictures of the laminator so we can try to identify it.
i was recently able to identify a "no name" 72" rotary paper cutter by posting a picture, making it much easier to
order a blade

post the picture and i will see if i can be any help

RICHARD SIMMONS

richard
someone from a tv repair shop, or that sort of thing, can probably fix the power supply board for you
if it were me, i would be more comfortable seeing it, inserted in the machine, however

why don't you hedge your bets and post pictures of the laminator so we can try to identify it.
i was recently able to identify a "no name" 72" rotary paper cutter by posting a picture, making it much easier to
order a blade

post the picture and i will see if i can be any help
Thank you !! Following are some photos !! Hope these help !!
upload_2021-1-6_12-8-42.jpeg

Attachments

• laminadora 02.jpg
    laminadora 02.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 164
  • laminadora 03.jpg
    laminadora 03.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 144
  • laminadora 04.jpg
    laminadora 04.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 149
  • laminadora 05.jpg
    laminadora 05.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 150

Saturn

Aging Member
I'd definitely give a little repair shop a try.

Looks like just maybe it's the transistor(?) down in the lower righthand corner of the first photo? I've removed and replaced leaky capacitors on power supply boards to good effect, but that's because the capacitor itself had failed and wasn't caused by anything else. If that's all it is, you could order one online for a few bucks and solder it on yourself.

The component should have more numbers written on the black shell that you might be able to check online for. Not necessarily on the circuit board, but tiny hard to read type on the piece itself, unlike the resistors etc.

Good luck, whatever it is!

RICHARD SIMMONS

Thank you !! Following are some photos !! Hope these help !!
View attachment 151342

Looks like just maybe it's the transistor(?) down in the lower righthand corner of the first photo? I've removed and replaced leaky capacitors on power supply boards to good effect, but that's because the capacitor itself had failed and wasn't caused by anything else. If that's all it is, you could order one online for a few bucks and solder it on yourself.

The component should have more numbers written on the black shell that you might be able to check online for. Not necessarily on the circuit board, but tiny hard to read type on the piece itself, unlike the resistors etc.

Yes !! That piece was re-soldered by the guy that was checking it. He said that maybe could be that, but no !!

netsol

Premium Subscriber
JBurton
the chinese are very good at reverse engineering

we have 2 daiges, a royal sovereign and a seal 4000. but that board is nothing i have ever seen

it looks to be simple enough that a child could fix it, there is not a lot going on there

a cold laminator shouldn't have any need for more than 2 voltages coming off a power supply board

RICHARD SIMMONS

JBurton
the chinese are very good at reverse engineering

we have 2 daiges, a royal sovereign and a seal 4000. but that board is nothing i have ever seen

it looks to be simple enough that a child could fix it, there is not a lot going on there

a cold laminator shouldn't have any need for more than 2 voltages coming off a power supply board
This one was a cold/hot laminator, buy I eliminate the heaters

netsol

Premium Subscriber
richard, we may simply be able to power the beast with one or two external power supplies. did your friend, who looked at the board say what (approximately) the missing voltage is?

or, just read the volages printed on the capacitors

RICHARD SIMMONS

richard, we may simply be able to power the beast with one or two external power supplies. did your friend, who looked at the board say what (approximately) the missing voltage is?

or, just read the volages printed on the capacitors
WOW ! Don't know what to say !! I'll ask the guy and let you know. I'm "0" in electricity !!

netsol

Premium Subscriber
we can just use a power supply, like for a laptop, perhaps, only bigger

see what the voltage is, and i will match something up

netsol

Premium Subscriber
j

saturn

the transistor is a likely point of failure, but, by no means the only one

points of high current flow often go bad, causing the need to resolder "ringed" solder connections. caps develop high ESR, driver transistors fail, that little high frequency "chop" transformer could have an open winding...

i wish i recognized the laminator the reverse engineering people copied. the chinese are great at this, but they often skimp on the parts that make building the device expensive

someone posted that it looks like a GFP 563H

i will see if i can acquire thecservice manual, although if he only neds cold lamination, I could do that with a dc power supply and a clip lead

if he were in the US, i would have ups'd him something to try

RICHARD SIMMONS

j

saturn

the transistor is a likely point of failure, but, by no means the only one

points of high current flow often go bad, causing the need to resolder "ringed" solder connections. caps develop high ESR, driver transistors fail, that little high frequency "chop" transformer could have an open winding...

i wish i recognized the laminator the reverse engineering people copied. the chinese are great at this, but they often skimp on the parts that make building the device expensive

someone posted that it looks like a GFP 563H

i will see if i can acquire thecservice manual, although if he only neds cold lamination, I could do that with a dc power supply and a clip lead

if he were in the US, i would have ups'd him something to try
Thanks my friend !!
The guy who is checking the laminator, recomended me to buy a speed regulator to adapt to the machine. We are waiting for it ! I'll let you know what happens !!

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Thanks my friend !!
The guy who is checking the laminator, recomended me to buy a speed regulator to adapt to the machine. We are waiting for it ! I'll let you know what happens !!

great!
sounds like we are all on the same page, let me know if i can do anything to help.

RICHARD SIMMONS

how is the laminator doing?

did you replace power supply?
Hello everyone ! Finally the laminator is runing again !! The guy adapted the speed regulator with no problem. Take a look !! Thanks to all !!

Attachments

• IMG_20210123_090139_resized_20210123_090250663.jpg
    IMG_20210123_090139_resized_20210123_090250663.jpg
    715.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20210123_090151_resized_20210123_090250266.jpg
    IMG_20210123_090151_resized_20210123_090250266.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 139