• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator question GBC arctic

kustomkoncepts

My laminator has been working for me for 4 years well. always on 30" laminate no problem. lately when I put in any 54" laminate cast or calenderd I get a pull or creases toward the far end across almost half of the way. I have to apply pressure back on the roller with my hand to Iron them out.

I think this is a problem where there is more down pressure on one side of the rollers than the other creating a convexed roller pinch.

Do you think this is what it could be?

Thanks

kustomkoncepts

here is a picture of ehat it is doing. if I don't apply back pressure on the roll with my hand these get bigger and turn into creases on the print. (the pressure on the slip roll is at max)

Last edited:

bigwow

Laminator

Could be uneven down pressure across the rollers but could also be too much tension on one side of the roll where it is mounted to the feed spindle.

FrankenSigns.biz

Look at your rollers. Do you see any cracks? Do you take the pressure off when you are not using the laminator? It could be time for new rollers. They can dry out and become asymmetrical. You might should call your GBC rep. I have the number if you need it.

WB

Make sure you tighten the little ends that hold the laminate rool on. I have a 60" Titan and I get that sometimes and It's from the laminate wondering from left to right or vise-versa. Also you might want to play the the tension on your take up reel.. you can try this.. Get some transfer paper (charcoal paper?) Place some white clean paper between the rolls at either end then put the transfer paper facing down on top of the white paper. Set your rollers down to full pressure, then check the line that the transfer paper leaves on your white paper. They should be the same width if not the you have more pressure on the wider side..

make sense?

Sticky Signs

Do the wrinkles make their way through the nip and cause wrinkles on the finished product? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. Otherwise, the rollers may need to be adjusted. Get a tech.
Do you keep your lam rolls up right when not in use or do you lay them down? Don't lay them down cuz that can warp the core.