• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Take-up Ideas

AKSigns

Okay so I've had the daige quickmount for about a year now. It was a rough start to say the least. But I've pretty much got the thing figured out now. My only problem is I wish it had a take up reel or someway to deal with the output vinyl after its been laminated. DOES anyone have this laminator and has figured out a great solution? OR any solution for any laminator??

Thanks
KT:Canada:

Gene@mpls

I just made a catch basket out of banner stock and copper pipe and fittings
that keeps the vinyl off the floor and swings out of the way if I need access
to web the laminator. It works for me. When I am done laminating I cut off
and pull the laminated vinyl over the top of the laminator onto the 11' table
that feeds the laminator and do what ever cutting/finishing required.

Attachments

• catch basket.jpg
    catch basket.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 92

AKSigns

Great thats what I thought I might do, but I wasn't sure if it would work!!! Thanks for taking the time to show me it!!

P

ProWraps™

our laminator has a take up real (dingtec 65") but we currently have someone feeding, and someone catching. main reason is the excess lam on the sides of the print stick to the rear tray. it works well, but man, i wish we could do some one person laminating! it would make it so much easier.

livoniasigns

We have a arctic titan that we use for laminating and mounting. Instead of always setting up the lamination just to take it off to mount something, we cut our laminate to the size we need and send it thru. Works really good and saves money on the craft paper. We also made small tables that can be moved to help support the prints when they go thru.