Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laminator Take-up Ideas

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by AKSigns, Aug 1, 2008.

1. AKSigns

AKSigns Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Okay so I've had the daige quickmount for about a year now. It was a rough start to say the least. But I've pretty much got the thing figured out now. My only problem is I wish it had a take up reel or someway to deal with the output vinyl after its been laminated. DOES anyone have this laminator and has figured out a great solution? OR any solution for any laminator??

Thanks
    KT:Canada:

Tags:
  2. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    I just made a catch basket out of banner stock and copper pipe and fittings
    that keeps the vinyl off the floor and swings out of the way if I need access
    to web the laminator. It works for me. When I am done laminating I cut off
    and pull the laminated vinyl over the top of the laminator onto the 11' table
    that feeds the laminator and do what ever cutting/finishing required.

Attached Files:

3. AKSigns

AKSigns Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Great thats what I thought I might do, but I wasn't sure if it would work!!! Thanks for taking the time to show me it!!

4. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

our laminator has a take up real (dingtec 65") but we currently have someone feeding, and someone catching. main reason is the excess lam on the sides of the print stick to the rear tray. it works well, but man, i wish we could do some one person laminating! it would make it so much easier.

5. livoniasigns

livoniasigns Member

Feb 28, 2008
    We have a arctic titan that we use for laminating and mounting. Instead of always setting up the lamination just to take it off to mount something, we cut our laminate to the size we need and send it thru. Works really good and saves money on the craft paper. We also made small tables that can be moved to help support the prints when they go thru.