• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator/Trimmer Questions

joeb

Hello Signs 101! I am new to this forum, this is my first post, and I am new to this industry. Completely new. I operate a Roland TruVis VG640 which is really cool. Right now I am at the end of a ~4,700 sq foot job that we had to farm out the lamination/ trimming for. My boss was not happy to pay this company to do the trimming and laminating, we both didn't fully comprehend the amount of work required to produce a finished print. Now, we are looking to buy a machine that does trimming and laminating. Preferably there's one machine that can do this. I have found some Chinese machines like "Mefu MF1700-C3" that look really promising but I can't find any end-users who have anything to say about this kind of machine, positive or negative. Most of the trimming I would need to be doing is trimming 4x8' panels. Or other sized panels, i.e. 62"x18 feet sometimes. The point is that I want to be able to trim off all the white/unprinted vinyl, and not by hand. Like for this job we had 66 panels that were 4'x18' that we needed laminated and trimmed, it was expensive and with a machine like the Mefu MF1700-C3 it seems like something we could have done for a fraction of the price....

Does anyone have any advice on a laminator/trimmer all-in-one, is the trimming accurate? What is the learning curve? Give me all the info!

Thank you!

Joe