• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laptop completely dead not 2 weeks old

gabagoo

I purchased a 17" Lenovo laptop 2 weeks ago online and at $550.00 thought it was a great deal....until last night.

Got home plugged it in and hit the power button.....nothing. Not even the led light was on showing power was plugged in. Checked the power bar checked the connection, but why would I have to, it has a battery. Took the battery out, reinserted it and still completely dead. No golf tonight!!!

In any case I pulled out the tablet and did a search and sure enough found a forum link with this exact problem. I had to press the power button 10 times for 10 seconds, then hold it for 30 seconds.

Well it worked!!! I called Lenovo today to understand what the problem might be and as far as they are concerned I fixed the issue so no problem.

I have serious doubts about this laptop now.....

I wanted to ask another question to the computer people here... I also found with this new laptop that the mouse was a little hesitant at times and it seems like the screen gets momentary freezes before an action takes place....perfect example would be for instance....while playing Candy Crush...when sliding a candy you can see that the action occurs a split second after you have done it...could it just be a video card setting?

MikePro

is all your OS software & flash player/etc. up to date?
I've had serious issues with my macbook and other PC computers, in the past, when I've waited months&months to finally accept the update notifications that keep pop'n up on my screen.

gabagoo

is all your OS software & flash player/etc. up to date?
I've had serious issues with my macbook and other PC computers, in the past, when I've waited months&months to finally accept the update notifications that keep pop'n up on my screen.

I assume they are being 2 weeks old, but maybe I need to force it to get updates...good call, will check on that....had a few flash shutdowns

jtinker

Owner
IBM created the Levono brand to bring the focus off of the fact that IBM was being associated with garbage PCs. I fix a lot of laptops and this sounds like a common problem. Try this and see if it works, you may have had a power spike or surge while it was still plugged in and now it wont do anything because the motherboard is in safemode. You need to clear all excess power from the board to have it reset. Get a surge protector or APC power backup to minimize risk.

gabagoo

IBM created the Levono brand to bring the focus off of the fact that IBM was being associated with garbage PCs. I fix a lot of laptops and this sounds like a common problem. Try this and see if it works, you may have had a power spike or surge while it was still plugged in and now it wont do anything because the motherboard is in safemode. You need to clear all excess power from the board to have it reset. Get a surge protector or APC power backup to minimize risk.

so basically I have brought it out of safemode. I guess that's cool, but I had turned it off the night before and everything was fine and then unplugged it from the power source, so if it got a spike it could have only come from it's own battery.

nikdoobs

have you tried doing this yet? low_cost_apple.jpg