• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large application Etch Vinyl

Billct2

We do a fair amount of etched vinyl logos, lettering and the occasional striping but haven't done any large panels in a while. We usually use 3M. But I have a client wanting some doors and glass panels frosted and since materials change so much I'm wondering what the preferred brand/material is nowadays for this application. Also, used to be one of the few times we would do a wet install but I see there are air release versions now which I assume would go on dry? Thanks for any suggestions.

Chasez

We do large jobs/large sheets of etch all the time. They're all pretty much the same, we use kpmf, avery, metamark, hexis, GF and others.... some have advantages/disadvantages... but always wet install... 100x faster if you know what you're doing (and this is gonna start something so yes we make sure that it is not conform adhesive or water based adhesives)...

edit: We also have used Arlon in the past (match for 3M dusted crystal) as well as use 3M on a regular basis as well as solyx.

Chaz

Last edited:

Johnny Best

I also do a lot of large office glass installs.
Arlon etch is great along with 3M and Oracal are great also.
Wet apply always. Have tried the bubble free from MacTac but did not like the streaks, Applying the others wet looks better and it is quick to install once you know how.

Chasez

I also do a lot of large office glass installs.
Arlon etch is great along with 3M and Oracal are great also.
Wet apply always. Have tried the bubble free from MacTac but did not like the streaks, Applying the others wet looks better and it is quick to install once you know how.

I completely agree... wet looks better and is WAY faster to install once you know what you're doing. Now that I've opened a can of worms with that statement let it begin :p I know there's going to be people saying that dry is faster blah blah blah but one time I would love to see it put to the test.

Chaz