Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large file

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Mikeifg, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Mikeifg

Mikeifg Active Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Heartland
    I'm doing a 45' trailer wrap and received the artwork from the company's web designer. The photoshop file is 980 mb file. It takes forever for this guy to redo anything so how would I go about downsizing it to print. The actual size will be 107"X540". Hope this makes sense.

Tags:
  2. bikecomedy

bikecomedy Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Use 1/20th scale on local machines at 720 dpi. Send to rip and increase by 5. Result 100% and files one can manage.

3. Mikeifg

Mikeifg Active Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Heartland
    Does it matter that we run flexi as our rip?

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    if its 1/20 scale, wouldnt you have to increase by 20 to make it 1/1 scale?

5. bikecomedy

bikecomedy Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Ahm yeah your right..20

6. SightLine

SightLine Premium Subscriber

We run Flexi (both 8.6v2 and 11 Cloud) and just printed a 36 foot bus wrap. Each side print was a 1.8gb file. Flexi chewed through it (printed on the 8.6v2) no problem. Took it about 10 minutes to rip, printed overnight and used all but a few feet of a full roll of vinyl for the 2 sides. That particular RIP computer is nothing too special, older Dell Precision with a single Core 2 Quad processor and 16GB of ram.

One thing I do on huge wraps like this though, I do not open the files with FlexiSign. I copy them directly to the RIP computer and open them directly into Production Manager, set my tile overlaps and whatnot from there.