• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large file

Mikeifg

I'm doing a 45' trailer wrap and received the artwork from the company's web designer. The photoshop file is 980 mb file. It takes forever for this guy to redo anything so how would I go about downsizing it to print. The actual size will be 107"X540". Hope this makes sense.

bikecomedy

Use 1/20th scale on local machines at 720 dpi. Send to rip and increase by 5. Result 100% and files one can manage.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We run Flexi (both 8.6v2 and 11 Cloud) and just printed a 36 foot bus wrap. Each side print was a 1.8gb file. Flexi chewed through it (printed on the 8.6v2) no problem. Took it about 10 minutes to rip, printed overnight and used all but a few feet of a full roll of vinyl for the 2 sides. That particular RIP computer is nothing too special, older Dell Precision with a single Core 2 Quad processor and 16GB of ram.

One thing I do on huge wraps like this though, I do not open the files with FlexiSign. I copy them directly to the RIP computer and open them directly into Production Manager, set my tile overlaps and whatnot from there.