• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large format double sided paper?

Ra33it

I'm hoping someone here with more knowledge than me could help me out. I have a job coming up for some double sided door signs that are going in a frame, and my boss wants to go with paper, but in looking around it doesn't seem they make a double sided paper. I was wondering if that's true, and if so, does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Dan360

We've used Endura C2S 18pt in the past. It's pretty thick and front is more glossy than the back but it runs well on our 360.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm hoping someone here with more knowledge than me could help me out. I have a job coming up for some double sided door signs that are going in a frame, and my boss wants to go with paper, but in looking around it doesn't seem they make a double sided paper. I was wondering if that's true, and if so, does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

I have a few heavy weight double sided papers that are only $0.13 sq.ft, it only runs Latex and UV though. What printer do you run?

Ra33it

I have a few heavy weight double sided papers that are only $0.13 sq.ft, it only runs Latex and UV though. What printer do you run?

I'm running a Roland XR-640, which is a solvent printer. We want to get a latex printer, but the business isn't there yet sadly.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm running a Roland XR-640, which is a solvent printer. We want to get a latex printer, but the business isn't there yet sadly.

Ok I totally understand. I am waiting to get my cost on some heavy bond paper that you could run in your solvent machine, I will PM you once I have it.

boxerbay

easiest fix is print two posters on paper.

the only solvent two sided media I have found is ultraflexx 15oz smooth block out banner.

your main problem is going to be registering the front print to the back print which is not easy on a roll fed printer. and if you do accomplish registration you might end up with roller marks on the first printed side.
We have also found the solvent and heat will stretch the material so the second side print ends up longer than the first side.

I predict a lot of frustrations in your future.

flyplainsdrifta

the only solvent two sided media I have found is ultraflexx 15oz smooth block out banner.

your main problem is going to be registering the front print to the back print which is not easy on a roll fed printer. and if you do accomplish registration you might end up with roller marks on the first printed side.
We have also found the solvent and heat will stretch the material so the second side print ends up longer than the first side.

Id agree with boxer, with them going into frames, would it not just be faster and much less of a headache to do two 7 or 8 point posters back to back rather than a heavier two sided paper. also like boxer said registration is going to be insane and will cause you many more headaches than you think.

Ra33it

Yeah I've had similar experiences with other material and I agree about the frustration. ;)

Ra33it

Id agree with boxer, with them going into frames, would it not just be faster and much less of a headache to do two 7 or 8 point posters back to back rather than a heavier two sided paper. also like boxer said registration is going to be insane and will cause you many more headaches than you think.

I agree that would be easiest, but I don't think the customer wants to go that route. Part of the problem is that I don't actually know exactly what type of frame they are using.

flyplainsdrifta

I agree that would be easiest, but I don't think the customer wants to go that route. Part of the problem is that I don't actually know exactly what type of frame they are using.

totally get it. good luck in your run! like others said, id check with neenah papers. they have a few heavy cardstock options that can be 2 sided.

Ra33it

totally get it. good luck in your run! like others said, id check with neenah papers. they have a few heavy cardstock options that can be 2 sided.

Thanks man, I think I have a solution that will work, and I did check out both those places that were suggested, but didn't have anything that would work for my machine.