• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Format Print Quoting Software of App?

Theodore01

I am looking for help with quoting and job organization for our Large Format print shop. Quoting I would need the ability to define substrate size and costs and well as ink costs. A few more bells and whistles would be fine. Anyone using anything like this? Thanks in advance.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
You can use expensive sign quoting software or make your own Excel spreadsheet. Excel is a powerful tool and can simplify quoting tasks. Here one I used to use for wrap printing and installation. You might be able to customize it.

Make sure you think about each step in the process and all your costs.

Materials + markup
Ink
Waste
Processing files
Switching out materials
Cutting substrates to size...

In other words, your labor, material costs, and profit margin.

On the waste you have normal waste such as loading material and a few inches on the sides that aren't useable. Those kind of thing should be built in to your standard pricing. You also need to be able to factor in when someone want a 3'x6' ACM sign. That's worth as much or more than a 4'x8' ACM sign because you have two cuts to account for and your still using the whole sheet. (but I can sell the drop to someone else. You might but how long is it going to set there before you do? And can you keep it from getting scratched up while looking through and sorting your scrap.) Charge for a full sheet unless your using scrap.

Also if someone needs 1 2' x 12 foot digital print they are going to get charged something for the extra 2.5' x 12' of waste at the top. I may or may not have a job I can print in that area when I get approval. If I don't more than likely I would print some marketing material for me..

View attachment Wrap Films.zip